Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Trading Post !

For smartphone and tablet users, a TMA mobile theme is available!

Author Topic: Bobby Hoyt smooth bore barrel for T-C Pennsylvania Hunter  (Read 453 times)

Offline Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: # 788 Expiration 1/2/2021
Re: Bobby Hoyt smooth bore barrel for T-C Pennsylvania Hunter
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 04:05:23 PM »
As I said, you'd be surprised what you see in museums and just when you think you've seen it all, there's always something different when it comes to these old smoke poles.

Shoot it, and have a great time with it, which I know you will. I like it!

I will definitely shoot it when I get the chance.  Right now I am up to my eyeballs in projects, none of which has anything to do with black powder!  I haven't even had a chance to shoot this month's postal target.  I may go out in the back yard and shoot it with the longbow at 25 yards!  :lol sign

I was in a museum years ago, either in Oregon or Montana I forgot which, looking at various old muzzleloaders, one of which had an uncanny resemblance to a CVA Mountain Rifle.  I'm not saying it was, just that it looked like one which maybe had been left in a pasture for a year or so....

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Posts starting 6/20/20 - 1103
Posts ending  9/20/20 - (?)

Offline Flintlock50

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Bobby Hoyt smooth bore barrel for T-C Pennsylvania Hunter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 09:39:58 PM »
A long time ago, in a land far away (1975, Wichita, KS), I bought a Navy Arms 1803 Harper's Ferry and turned it into a Trade Gun. Since the rifle was in .58 and not in the original .54, I sent the barrel to Bob Hoyt and had him bore it out to 20 gauge. I ground off the rear sight, added some tacks, and presto, changeo, I had a flintlock to use in Trade Gun matches.