Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Shooting the Bow

Got The Longbow Out Today

(1/2) > >>

Ohio Joe:
Well the weather is very nice here today (I'm wearing shorts) so I decided to clean up my side yard Archery Range and get some bow & arrow shooting in from 15 yards. I can go out to 25 yards, but first outing this year - 15 yards is fine for me.  :bl th up

I hadn't shot any of my bows since last Fall so I decided I better not start off with to heavy a pull, so I took the 35 pound bow out and shot 30 arrows.  I like about a 42 to 45 pound pull on my longbows, as that's comfortable for me once I get my arm & shoulder back in shape after a long layoff (about 5-1/2 months) - I'll be back up into those 40+ pound bows in no time.

Anyone else have a similar routine?  :shake

Nessmuk:
No, but I  should have. I pulled out my 45 pound recurve out last week and fired about 50 arrows, really felt it the next 2 days. I'll  be  going back to the 25 pound on Monday.

Thank goodness for Ben-Gay.  :lol sign

Ohio Joe:
Nessmuk, I read your post about a half hour ago and thought I better up my arrow count for today, so I went back out shot 12 more arrows and it started raining on me. Well, I'm still shy 8 arrows of what you shot last week... And maybe that's a good thing.  :toast

I really hate to start such a long lay-off with my top pound bows. I can feel your pain, 'cause I've done the very same thing before as you described in your post.  :shake

Nessmuk:
I won't tell how bad I  shot.  :laffing :laffing :laffing

Hawken:
Fellows I shot a longbow for onto 40 years. When I was ten years old Howard Hill put on a demonstration in our local theater and I was hooked! Up until 5 years ago I shot an 80# bow pretty good; killed quite a few deer with that bow...and a 70# that I still have. I shot Louie Armbruster bows and they are good! Now....after undergoing 44 sessions of radiation for prostate cancer and having to take the estrogen shots....I can't even draw the dang bows! I am a miserable speciman of the man I was...but my eyes are still great and I can make up the difference by shooting these BP rifles I have!

GOD BLESS to all1! :yessir:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version