Traditional Firearms > Traditional Archery

Saturday was New Bow Day!!!

(1/3) > >>

Darren Haverstick:
Saturday I attended the annual Wild Horse Creek Bows Customer Appreciation Shoot at the home of Mike and Susie Dunnaway in Perry, KS. I had placed another order with Mike at the UBM Festival in February and hoped that there would be a chance my bow would be done by the shoot. Imagine my surprise and excitement when I walked into the greeting area and saw this sign.

Woohoo!!!! I ordered this bow specifically for my 2020 Mexico ocellated turkey hunt because I wanted a short little recurve for blind hunting. Now I get to practice on our Easterns first!

Bow info: The bow is a two-piece takedown recurve. It is 54" long and pulls 53# @ 28". The limb core is maple and the limb veneer is spalted maple. The riser, limb tips and overlays are cocobola. The handle wrap is beaver tail. I shot it all day on the course and it will flat sling an arrow! The photos I show here just don't do it justice.

Look out turkeys!

Darren

Ohio Joe:
That's all right, Darren!  :toast

Nice looking bow and sounds like it's a good shooter! My first thought on seeing this bow - I thought those were Maple limbs. :hairy

Nessmuk:
That's  an awesome  looking bow. It must have cost a pretty penny. I can't  even tell where the takedown joint is. I'm  so jealous!!!

Good luck on your hunt. :bl th up

Hank in WV:
Looks phenomenal Darren. I've never seen a take-down bow before. Any chance we can get a picture of the joint?

Darren Haverstick:
Hank, this is not the same bow but the bowyer and joint are the same.

Darren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version