Tapatalk has been configured for the TraditionalMuzzleloadingAssociation forum and mobile devices!
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for ... YOU! ~ TMA 2019 Postal Match ~ TMA Youth Grant Form
TMA "Got Black Powder?" T-Shirts

Author Topic: State Representative Guidelines  (Read 57 times)

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/13/2020
State Representative Guidelines
« on: July 23, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »
Would anyone out there happen to know if there are any TMA State Rep Guidelines? If there are, I would love to see them. Being a state rep might be sumthin I could think about doing...but my pa told me to never start running afore I knew how long the race was going to be...
"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan

Online Ohio Joe

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: National Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#008 Expires 9/26/2020
Re: State Representative Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »
Would anyone out there happen to know if there are any TMA State Rep Guidelines? If there are, I would love to see them. Being a state rep might be sumthin I could think about doing...but my pa told me to never start running afore I knew how long the race was going to be...

You know Oldetexian, I'm not sure? I expect Russ to be along pretty soon and he could answer this better then I. There was a time (if I recall correctly) we use to have a brochure handout, but I don't know if we still have that or not? It's best we just leave this post ride until someone with more info that I can offer up - comes along and educates us both.  :shake
Ohio Joe
Membership Expiration: 9/26/2020
Officially Retired Old Farts Club
TMA Co-Founder - Charter Member #8
TMA National Match Director

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA President
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member#004 Expires 8/12/2020
Re: State Representative Guidelines
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 11:46:48 PM »

You know Oldetexian, I'm not sure? I expect Russ to be along pretty soon and he could answer this better then I. There was a time (if I recall correctly) we use to have a brochure handout, but I don't know if we still have that or not? It's best we just leave this post ride until someone with more info that I can offer up - comes along and educates us both.  :shake

My goodness, folks!
I apologize for not seeing this sooner.    :bow    :bow    :bow
Many of you know that I have had a pretty bad past couple of months, from a stupid little fall I suffered.
But I have been online, and I have replied to several folks who also had some burning questions, but even that is no excuse for not having answered this post.

I offer the following, something we can all build on....

* A State Rep is in effect, a Representative of TMA when attending any event.
* A State Rep receives a small bundle of brochures, some stickers for his own gear, with a couple of dozen Business Cards stating who they are and how to get in touch with the TMA. Every Rep gets this when they accept this position. Representatives will, in turn, use these handouts, Business Cards, as they feel fit.
* A State Rep is NOT a salesman! He doesn't have to sell anything, but he will promote the TMA verbally by letting those interested know that we did start forming-up in the fall of 2004, we had our own website in Feb.2005. and we received our Charter Organization in Michigan in March 2005.
In the early days, we sold 150 Charter Memberships to those interested in the formation and development of such an organization.....with ONLY 150 Charter Members to ever be sold.  All of those Charter Memberships sold out in the first year, and have not been offered since.
A Facebook Page was established around 2012 when social media became the "new way" to disseminate information. Combined, the two together represent around 11,000 likeminded individuals sharing "Traditional Muzzleloading" information.
That's all you need to know, let the little brochure do the talking for you. Just hand them one and telly them that if they are trly interested, they can follow the "new" instructions in the Tri-Fold Handout....that's it, nothing to it. "Stop by our forum, browse around a bit, wherever your interest may be, and let us know what you think.....if you like what we're doing and you would like to become a part of this organization, just click on a link on the forum and pay by Pay-Pal"... ...that's it, no sales pitch, no nothing, just let that little brochure / handout do the talking for you.
* We are a Not-For-Profit Organization and Licensed to operate as such in the State of Washington, with our Home-Office being located in Moses Lake, Washington...our UBI Number is; 604101070... We are the ONLY "Traditional Only" Muzzleloading Organization to wither the storms of Social Media, and BB type Forums such as we now operate from.
* The TMA is the only know Muzzleloading Association that dedicates all of its monies back to the Supporting Members and to the TMA Youth Grants, these groups are Bot Scout, 4-H Clubs, and are located wherever our Membership Base is, and that's all over the U.S.
* The Association is totally volunteer, everything we do is done on a volunteer basis, no money is ever paid-out for either time or service to these volunteers. However, a few expenses for "cash out of pocket expense" is reimbursable, when approved by the Board of Directors. ie, Table Rentals at Shoes set-up to attract new membership.
* Our By-Laws are clearly posted on the website at WWW.TradMLA.org .
We highly encourage, and welcome visitors to come sit-a-spell and chat with us.....then desicde if you would like to become a Supporting Member.
* All TMA State Reps are encouraged to answer any and all questions he may like while at any event in order to make friends at these events and, in turn, invite them to our Website Forum to look around and ask questions while they're here.
At the same time, these State Reps should feel absolutely no pressure whatsoever, insofar as selling, they / we are not salesmen.
However, should someone suddenly say, "Great, sign me up right now!"..... That is absolutely wonderful!
Just remember they are the one that has to do that. They MUST sign / log onto the forum themselves. no one can do that for them.
They, the TMA Reps, are just like all the rest of us, collectively we are just another student of Traditional styled Firearms, and we enjoy the living or re-enacting of our great early American history.

Once again, my apologies for this not being visible to everyone before. I will find the other one and "Bump it up" too.

Respectfully, Uncle Russ...

A real Mountain Man! I ain't afriaid of nothing!.....except maybe Ladders. Them thar ladders will just flat-out kill ya!
Is your name in "The Hat" for the FREE $50 Gift Certificate??
Anyone interested in becoming a "On-Site TMA Rep." , contact me!
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4