Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 600 Yard TC Renegade  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
600 Yard TC Renegade
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »
This isn’t a Stock TC Renegade  :) The Barrel is a 32” Green Mountain .45 Caliber 1:18 Twist, The Tang Sight is a Lee Shaver’s Super Grade Long Range Soule, the Front Sight is Also from Lee, this is his Windage Adjustable Front sight for his Ferris Creedmoor Rifle.

The Bullet i am using here is a 545 Grain Elliptical from a Bullet Mold i bought from Buffalo Arms. My powder is Swiss 2F, 85 Grains of it.

This was at the END of my Eyesight ability, I struggled to See this Target. There is a HUGE difference in this 20” Steel Plate, and an Official 600 Yard Open sight Target (They have a Huge 36” Black Aiming Bull)
“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
Re: 600 Yard TC Renegade
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 09:19:10 PM »
The Bullet used

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 09:28:57 PM »
Now that's is some shootin' for sure!!! :hairy

I made it 2.5 to under 3 seconds, to here the report of the bullet striking metal once you broke the shot. Great shooting!!!  :toast

And this is why I've always wanted to do this very same thing with a muzzle loader setup just for this... Never have however,,, I settled for .22lr at 200 yards to wait and hear the report of the bullet striking metal...

Absolutely enjoy your videos! Thanks!  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 09:40:08 PM »
I need to get this Rifle out and Work up a Good Paper Patch load for it, i have 2 AWESOME Bullets/Molds

This one is JIM443530E

And this is my Favorite, This is a Custom Mold i had Jim Cut for me. Cupped Base, Nose Pour. I call these my 428 Cobra Jets  :)

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 09:50:23 PM »
Now that's is some shootin' for sure!!! :hairy

I made it 2.5 to under 3 seconds, to here the report of the bullet striking metal once you broke the shot. Great shooting!!!  :toast

And this is why I've always wanted to do this very same thing with a muzzle loader setup just for this... Never have however,,, I settled for .22lr at 200 yards to wait and hear the report of the bullet striking metal...

Absolutely enjoy your videos! Thanks!  :shake

Thank you Joe!  This stuff is a LOT of Fun to do, I have been tinkering with it for a few Years now  :) I can’t get enough of it  :bl th up I am by myself Most of the Time, I Set up in the Mountains. There is actually quite a Bit that goes in to Just Setting this Stuff up, More than 1 occasion I have gotten everything Setup, ready to go, only to get Blowed out by the Wind, Talk about Frustrating! Look at my 325 Yard Patched Roundball Video, That was 1 of them, There was No wind when I Started Setting up, By the time i was ready to Shoot it was Blowing pretty good, and Kept getting Worse. Oh well, it’s all in Fun!! And AMAZING what these Guns will do!