Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: TC Patented Breech/Fire Channel View  (Read 11569 times)

Offline prairie dog

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member #678
Re: TC Patented Breech/Fire Channel View
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 11:19:52 AM »
Very good post! 

The builder of my new Hawken rifle made cleaning tools for the patent breech before he installed it in the barrel.  The cleaning jag will take a patch to the bottom of the breech and the scraper will remove fouling.  I need to use a standard breech scraper to remove fouling from the shoulder of the breech and a pipe cleaner in the fire channel. 

[ Invalid Attachment ]

May I have permission to use your photos of your cut breech?  I would like to pass this knowledge along to others. 
Steve Sells

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »
Very good post! 

The builder of my new Hawken rifle made cleaning tools for the patent breech before he installed it in the barrel.  The cleaning jag will take a patch to the bottom of the breech and the scraper will remove fouling.  I need to use a standard breech scraper to remove fouling from the shoulder of the breech and a pipe cleaner in the fire channel. 

[ Invalid Attachment ]

May I have permission to use your photos of your cut breech?  I would like to pass this knowledge along to others.

More than Welcome to  :bl th up I have put this on a Few Different Forums, So these pics are definitely Floating Around.
“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown

Offline prairie dog

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member #678
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »
Thank you sir.
Steve Sells