Traditional Firearms > Traditional Archery

Tradional Primative Flat Bow Events @ Redezvous ???

(1/3) > >>

Puffer:
Do your Rendezvous'' offer Tradional  Primative Flat Bow Events @ the Redezvous ??? 

Here in WA many ours's Do  :bl th up In fact some offer You an option, in the "aggregate",to shoot your Bow instead of "throwing" a Knife & Hawk. :applaud
Example - GRMM has done this for years.(& I LOVE IT !!)

Ohio Joe:
Over at "Chadron Fur Trade Days" Rendezvous they offer a primitive archery shoot.

They make no provisions for choice of bow & arrow - in place of throwing hawk, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over very good out here,,, but (to my knowledge) it's never came up as our Match Competitions are all individual, and not part of any overall Aggregate.  :shake

Spotted Bull:
We used to run archery events in our aggregate and individual competitions, and would provide a bow and arrows for people without them to use. This became too expensive and folks wouldn't buy their own equipment. So as of now, we don't do it. If interest ever arises enough again, and folks came prepared with equipment or cash, we would gladly include them again. We even went so far as to commission inexpensive bows to be made locally so that the cost would not be as high as previous years. Unfortunately we ended up losing money.

BEAVERMAN:
The hardest part of establishing the either or for the aggregate score was making both the Archery and K&H  the same difficulties so there was no sniveling about one being easier than the other, we the GRMM were the first to do this at our yearly rondy and it was a big hit and still we have close to 50% of shooters choosing archery, our old friend Fletcher was a huge advocate of getting this started!

Puffer:
 :hairy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version