Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

Roughly, What Date Did They Stop Making Paper Cartridges For Revolvers?

(1/4) > >>

Ohio Joe:
Roughly, What Date Did They Stop Making Paper Cartridges For Percussion Revolvers?

I know many of us make our own, but what I'm looking for is a rough date in history when Companies stopped manufacturing the Percussion Revolver Paper Cartridge's?

We do know that revolvers after the Civil War (and some during) were being converted to brass cartridges, and many a plainsmen, lawmen & cowboys, and the common person, still carried cap-n-ball revolvers well after the Civil War had ended.

My guess with so many Cap & ball Revolvers being available after the Civil War, it would be uncommon not to continue the manufacturing of them even well after the 1873 Colt Peace Maker was introduced...

So, when did Colt & Remington (and whoever else may have been producing Revolver Paper Cartridges) stop the manufacturing of them?

Appreciate any info or thoughts you might have on this.  :shake

doggoner:
Ohio Joe   try this https://www.colt.com/page/archive-services. They will send you an answer to your letter of inquiry.  I didn't try Remington's site.

doggoner

Bigsmoke:
From looking at that site, it appears there truly is no free lunch, at least for firearm authentication.
Now for something like when did they quit making paper cartridges, that might just be a $25.00 question.  Or more.  Or less.

Ohio Joe:
Thanks doggoner, I didn't see anything on there that answered my question, and I wouldn't pay a fee to find out anyway as I was just curious... I'll keep searching. Thanks  :shake

Oldetexian:
 :P :P :P I cannot believe that Colt would charge the public for historical information. That imo is really bad public relations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version