Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for ... YOU! ~ TMA Youth Grant Form

For smartphone and tablet users, a TMA mobile theme is available ....

CLICK HERE

Author Topic: ATTENTION Mobile Device Users!  (Read 810 times)

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
ATTENTION Mobile Device Users!
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:25:09 PM »
A new "responsive" theme has been added to the TMA forum that will allow for better forum interactions with mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc) and yet it still works fine on regular computers..

To select the new "Ant" recursive theme, click on the "Profile" menu item, the "Look and Layout", then at the "Current Theme" option click on "(change)", scroll down to the bottom of the page to "Ant's Responsive Curve RC3.14159" and click on "Use this theme".  That's it.  You can always go back and select the Default Forum Theme.

Here's a video showing how to change to the new mobile theme .... before starting the video, right click on the image below and click on "View Video" ...

OR, instead of using "Ant's Responsive Curve" theme, instead try "Ant's Mutant Curve" theme - it has a few added features. 

EITHER theme will work well for both mobile devices or real computers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

POSTING IMAGES

when i began testing ant's theme, and now ant's mutant theme, first thing i did was get a free image app loaded on my android.  the one i'm using is "Photo & Picture Resizer".

having an image resizer is MOST important.  this one is very easy to use, allows viewing all yer phone's stored images, you can select one image or a batch of images to resize.  yes, it's a google freebie so there will be ads. 

most images taken with any digital device - cellphone or camera - are incredibly large on purpose, so that they may render maximum detail for creating hard copies ... the hard copies that 99.9% of us don't care about, want, or use.  these digital devices create images that are mega pixel in width, some as large as 8000 pixels wide.  my phone does about 5000 pixels in width.  i resize ALL images to a sane 1000 pixels wide at the most, most i'll do at 600 pixels wide.  this also frees up a ton of space in my phone's memory bank.

it's also important to understand that all forums are viewed through browsers, and browsers control the interactions between users and the forum.  attaching large images to posts will almost guarantee the attachment will take too long and time out, thus failing.  resize all of yer cellphone images, please!

now that i've got properly sized images that will not fail to load due to the browser timing out on too large an image, i'm set to post it.

with my android, i begin by adding the new topic or post text, then click the "Show attachments and options" arrow, click on "Browse" which opens up image choice sources on my phone, i select "Files" and i'm taken to my image gallery, i make the image selection to post, and then hit the forum "Post" button and it's a done deal.

Online Spotted Bull

• TMA Officer
  • TMA: TMA President
  • TMA Member: Supporting Member #356
Re: ATTENTION Mobile Device Users!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 09:30:32 PM »
I like it!
David Shook
TMA President

TMA Member # 356
Join the TMA! It's just that simple.

Offline Flinchlock

• TMA Contributing Member
  • Oft muß Mann "zum Teufel damit"
    • reenactor.Net
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #819. Membership expiration 11/24/2022
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »
Thank you.
Marsh Wise
Ah likes flintlocks, but any gun is good -- okay, guns that hurt to shoot aren't good.

Head Village Idiot at www.reenactor.Net and www.romanobritain.org

Online Nessmuk

• 2019 Postal Match Competitor
  • TMA Member: Supporting Member #821. Membership expires 1/1/2022
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
I tried it but when I  went to unread post since last visit it said no new posts. Checked my PC and it had 6 new posts. After 3 days of this, I  changed back.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »
I tried it but when I  went to unread post since last visit it said no new posts. Checked my PC and it had 6 new posts. After 3 days of this, I  changed back.

i haven't yet experienced the issue you describe.  i just now pulled up a forum on my cell using the mobile theme and found over a dozen new posts, immediately pulled the forum up via a computer and found no new posts - as expected because i used the same login for both machines.

Online Nessmuk

• 2019 Postal Match Competitor
  • TMA Member: Supporting Member #821. Membership expires 1/1/2022
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 06:53:24 PM »
I'll  try  again, might be a cell phone glitch.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »
I'll  try  again, might be a cell phone glitch.

please do so - might be a code bug that's specific to hardware that needs fixin.

Online Hawken

• "A man's WORD....is his total value!"
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #802 Expiration 05-04-2021
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 06:08:06 PM »
I tried it and it's so screwed up.....Hogans' goat would be about equal!

How the heck can I change back to the original??? I put it on my desktop and don't like it at all!
"There ain't no freedom...without gunpowder!"

Online Spotted Bull

• TMA Officer
  • TMA: TMA President
  • TMA Member: Supporting Member #356
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »
Go to your profile and click "Look and Layout" these should be a place at the top of the square that says (change). Click that, and choose the default choice.
David Shook
TMA President

TMA Member # 356
Join the TMA! It's just that simple.

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 06:38:27 PM »
I tried it and it's so screwed up.....Hogans' goat would be about equal!

How the heck can I change back to the original??? I put it on my desktop and don't like it at all!

what spotted bull said ... and why would you load it specifically for a desktop when it's a mobile device browser theme?

Online Hawken

• "A man's WORD....is his total value!"
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #802 Expiration 05-04-2021
ATTENTION Mobile Device Users!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 11:38:15 PM »
I'm 80!

But I can still find the way home!
"There ain't no freedom...without gunpowder!"

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin