Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Cheyenne Frontier Days - Cancelled  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Cheyenne Frontier Days - Cancelled
« on: May 27, 2020, 07:48:44 PM »
This is not a traditional muzzle loading event, but some of our members may have connections with this event... As the title says; Cheyenne Frontier Days - Cancelled, first time in 124 years (obviously due to the Corona virus)... This is a "huge" revenue loss for Cheyenne, Wyoming...
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Spotted Bull

Re: Cheyenne Frontier Days - Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:28:08 PM »
Wow! That's crazy tough there. Thats gonna be felt fiscally for awhile.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 10:09:32 AM »
I just heard they've cancelled our 4th of July activities, here where I live... Of course we saw this coming, so no parade or rodeo, community in the park festivities, beer party in the streets, and so forth... Lot's of small towns are gonna take a financial hit on this Covid-19, but what'a ya do. It is what it is...
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Spotted Bull

Cheyenne Frontier Days - Cancelled
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »
The Royal Rangers ministry for boys has a HUGE campouts every 4 years where guys from across the US and around the globe gather for a week in Missouri, thousands of people. It was cancelled earlier this year.

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 11:04:10 AM »
It might just be my opinion,.... but I think these cancellations are a sign this country has went completely nuts.  ;banghead;
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 02:29:46 PM »
We were planning a trip back to Idaho this June.  Was planning to go to two rendezvous there.  You guessed it, both cancelled.  Then we were going to attend a jazz festival in Olympia on the way back.  Yep, that was cancelled as well.  Then we were looking at going to another rendezvous in northern CA and it was cancelled as well.
As a result, our vacation was cancelled.
Rats!!!
John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »
We were planning a trip back to Idaho this June.  Was planning to go to two rendezvous there.  You guessed it, both cancelled.  Then we were going to attend a jazz festival in Olympia on the way back.  Yep, that was cancelled as well.  Then we were looking at going to another rendezvous in northern CA and it was cancelled as well.
As a result, our vacation was cancelled.
Rats!!!
John

I'm keepin' my eye open for some "doin's" (most likely in Wyoming, or maybe Utah/Colorado) that hasn't let fear overcome logic,.... and that's where we'll be headed this summer.  :bl th up :*: :applaud

If there ain't any,.... we'll be headin' for a couple of my favorite spots in the Uintas and we'll camp alone.  :*: :applaud ;D

If you ain't heard from me by late September,.... I'll have either died from the "corona", or, we decided to stay in the Uintas 'til it's "safe" :laffing to come back home. :roll eyes
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6