Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: TMA Board of Director and Officer Changes  (Read 590 times)

Spotted Bull

TMA Board of Director and Officer Changes
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:56:41 PM »
Greetings and salutations, fellow TMA Brothers.
   There has been a few changes to the TMA Board of Directors and the TMA Officers. Some of the members have requested a VERY well deserved rest from those duties, and new guys have volunteered and been voted in to office.
        The next position is a very important position and that is the National Match Director. Ohio Joe has done a fantastic job of setting up some great matches and events in that area and he should be high commended for it. He also holds a seat on the Board. Also he holds status as a Charter Member.
   First of all, I have been voted into the President’s position. I have a huge set of footprints to step into and I can only hope to lead half as well as those that have come before me. I am committed to building up the TMA and make it a nationally known entity in the muzzleloading community. And if there are any ideas as to how we can accomplish this goal, PLEASE feel free to send me an email or a PM. I assure you that I will answer your thoughts and they will be discussed by the Board.

Secondly, Beaverman has volunteered to come on as the Vice President once again. Jim has vast experience with the TMA and is a tremendous asset to the BOD. He will also reply to any thoughts and messages about how we can improve the TMA.

Our new Secretary and Treasurer is Darren Haverstick. Darren is right there with us in the wanting to improve the TMA. Further, if you have any issues with your membership, etc he is the man to ask.

That leads us to the Board of Directors. Now that group is looking a little thin guys. We have Nobber and Two Steps serving on our BOD. So we have openings but there are criteria that needs to be met to sit on the board. And first and foremost is a serious commitment to doing it.

The most important group, to me anyway, are out Founders Group. These are the guys that all those years ago had a tremendous vision to create something that will have a positive impact on the muzzleloading community. So they formed the Traditional Muzzleloading Association. This wasn’t created to just be a web-based forum but an organization to effect change in our community. I’ll let one of those guys maybe make a post about how it all went down and came to be.

One more position that is need of a replacement. Robd has been a SUPER hard working webmaster and all around forum guru for the TMA. But Rob has requested a rest as well. So we need a new webmaster and forum guru. Now all of that type of stuff is way beyond me, so if you are interested in that position, send Rob a message and he will fill you in on that specific job. Additionally, that job comes with a seat on the Board.

So that’s where we stand. We are still strong. Things are going on and changes are being made. But the TMA is still here and it’s going to be here a really long time. I have challenged myself to get all of the registered members that have less than 250 posts to get to that number and become strong contributors and perhaps become paid contributing members. And I’d really like all of the contributing members that don’t post very often to become more involved in the forum and let us enjoy your company!

Finally, if there are any concerns about any aspect of the TMA, please feel free to contact and member of the BOD and that issue will be addressed and we will respond as quickly as possible.

TMA Founders,....
Ohio Joe
Uncle Russ
rollingb
sse

1. President,.... Spotted Bull
2. Vice President,.... BEAVERMAN
3. Sec./Tres.,... Darren Haverstick

BOD Members,.....
3. nobber
4. Two Steps

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
Re: TMA Board of Director and Officer Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:12:49 PM »
 :hairy Thanks for the update. Looks like a good bunch of leaders at the helm...As I've offered before, let me know what I can do to be supportive. I truly appreciate the commitment and hard work you leaders put into making the TMA the outstanding organization it is. My hat's off to ya all! Again thanks fur yur fine leadership!
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan