Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Contest Announcement! Who Can Post the Most??  (Read 2654 times)

Spotted Bull

Contest Announcement! Who Can Post the Most??
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:36:32 AM »
Who Can Post The Most??
It’s time for a new kinda contest! In an effort to increase the number of members posting in our forums and to try and get everyone involved, we are giving away a free one year membership to the TMA! But this will be first time that we have done something like this, so there will probably we bugs and goofs and oops until we get it all worked out really well. But if it goes well this time, maybe it’s something that we can do more often. So here is how it is going to work.
•   So the goal is to see who can make the most posts over a 90 day period.
•   The last day to declare that you will compete is June 19, 2020.
•   To be considered for this contest you will have to declare yourself on this thread below and rollingb will add the number of posts that you have at that time to your profile and the date that you signed up and you are off and running with your 90 days. The last day of your 90 day window will also be added, and at the end the total will be added. The winner will be declared after we have had a chance to gather the info.
•   There will be two different categories of members: registered members who haven’t paid for a membership, and contributing members who have paid for a membership. If you are a contributing member, the free year will be tacked on to the end of your current enrollment.
•   These posts have to be more than just “hi” or a smiley or something like that. We need complete English sentences for each post. You can do it. If you need help with how or where to post, contact a BOD member for help. Now we aren’t going to be checking each and every post, necessarily, but we are all adults here so work hard!
BOD members are exempt from this contest. We post a lot anyway!  So let’s get this going and have a lot of fun with it. Maybe in the future we will have a contest to see who makes the longest post!

Keep yer powder dry!
Spotted Bull

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
Re: Contest Announcement! Who Can Post the Most??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 09:36:14 AM »
Sounds like fun to me.  I'm in, put my name in for this.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:26:47 AM »
Sounds like fun to me.  I'm in, put my name in for this.

John,.... I've got you set up for the contest.  :hairy

(Check out the bottom of your "signature box", and you'll see the start/finish dates  :bl th up
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Spotted Bull

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 10:38:38 AM »
Rondo better check those dates...

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »
Rondo better check those dates...

Fixed!  :hairy
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Spotted Bull

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:30:34 PM »
Come on folks! Who else wants to post a lot? Surely someone here likes to talk a lot!!

Spotted Bull

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 02:02:54 PM »
Only one person? Come on guys, this wont cost you a thing and you could win a free membership? Tomorrow at 11:59 am is the last time to get in on this. If no one else says "I can do this" I will just automatically name John the winner. Give him some competition anyway!

Online Bigsmoke

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 06:17:55 PM »
Yeah, guys, come on and give me some competition.  Or, on the other hand, just hang back and let me coast in to the finish line.  Your choice.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 08:16:54 PM »
I can't believe some non-member hasn't jumped at the chance for a free membership,.... for that half of the contest.  :Doh!
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Spotted Bull

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »
About 13 hours and 20 minutes left to sign up.

Think about this...

If you are not a paying member, and have been thinking about signing up and supporting the TMA, but are unsure, this could be a test run for you. At this point, if you make 1 post in addition to the "sign me up" post, you win a free membership for a year.

Of course we would LOVE if you posted a LOT more times.

Just think quickly!

Offline Doc Nock

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 03:43:40 PM »
Guys,

Like so many of the BP boards, the chaps here are head and shoulders above the rest of us and lurking and learning are the reasons to come here... Don't know enough to have many opinions other then this cadre of folks is pretty awesome!

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 04:50:28 PM »
Guys,

Like so many of the BP boards, the chaps here are head and shoulders above the rest of us and lurking and learning are the reasons to come here... Don't know enough to have many opinions other then this cadre of folks is pretty awesome!

All posts count in this contest,.... whether they are in the form of questions, or, opinions.  :bl th up

We have multiple forums, covering all (or most) aspects of traditional muzzleloading, which includes,... history, shooting, building, accouterments, lifestyles of the times, various current events, books, and etc.

I can honestly say,.... I still learn something new, each and every day,.... and I've been playing with these interesting weapons of the 17th., 18th., and 19th. centuries, since 1969.  :bl th up  :)
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Spotted Bull

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »
Doc Nock, you may as well play the game, you already have 9 posts. What's a few thousand more?

Spotted Bull

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 06:53:47 AM »
Ok. John Shorb has been declared the winner. I will have Darren adjust your membership. Thanks John.

Online Bigsmoke

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 09:38:18 AM »
And thank you, Mr. Bull.
That was the funnest contest I have ever entered.
And thank you, TMA BOD.  It is appreciated.

John (Big Smoke)

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life