Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 825 Yard .45 Cal Sidelock, BACO .443-530E  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
825 Yard .45 Cal Sidelock, BACO .443-530E
« on: July 10, 2020, 04:00:09 PM »
I Hammered my 20X20 inch Gong at 825 Yards a couple Mornings ago With 1 of my Old Sidelock Muzzleloaders, 3 Shots come in just under MOA  :bl th up Buffalo Arms Elliptical Paper Patch Bullet, Mold is JIM443-530E

Equipment: Thompson Center Renegade Stock, Lee Shaver Long Range Soule (Super Grade) Tang Peep sight. 32” Green Mountain Barrel, 1:18 Twist .45 Cal, With Lee Shaver adjustable Windage front sight, and Shaver’s BPCR Inserts.

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
Re: 825 Yard .45 Cal Sidelock, BACO .443-530E
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 04:52:11 PM »
For the benefit of those new here, and may not know "IdahoLewis", I would like to introduce one of the finest Long Range Muzzleloaders in the country.
I have followed him for years on the "Cast Boolit", even exchange a few personal notes with him. I also recall sending him a couple "boolits" to verify the hardness.
With my own SAECO and Lee Hardness Testers......
Sometimes one or the other will lie and the other one swears to that same lie.....so you need to go somewhere else to get the correct information.
Anyway, those interested in truly long range shooting,  with a sidelock, need to follow this guy. He has lot of videos on U-Tube and he's a nice guy to talk to.
He may remember me from years past as RBak on other forums, but with the hundreds he has communicated with, maybe not? Lol

Uncle Russ....
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 10:17:36 PM »
For the benefit of those new here, and may not know "IdahoLewis", I would like to introduce one of the finest Long Range Muzzleloaders in the country.
I have followed him for years on the "Cast Boolit", even exchange a few personal notes with him. I also recall sending him a couple "boolits" to verify the hardness.
With my own SAECO and Lee Hardness Testers......
Sometimes one or the other will lie and the other one swears to that same lie.....so you need to go somewhere else to get the correct information.
Anyway, those interested in truly long range shooting,  with a sidelock, need to follow this guy. He has lot of videos on U-Tube and he's a nice guy to talk to.
He may remember me from years past as RBak on other forums, but with the hundreds he has communicated with, maybe not? Lol

Uncle Russ....

I remember you Russ, I remember testing the Few Bullets as well, I thought that was a Guy from Spokane Wa though? I remember you as RBak on Castboolits, I always enjoyed visiting with you there, I remember You and Rob (Rfd) Both really well from Castboolits. I went by 54bore there

Folks get me and Ron (Idahoron) mixed up now & then, or tie us together as the same person, Ron shoots a Hawken out to 300 yards, he calls it a “Hotrod Hawken” He lives WAY south of me about 600 Miles, I invited Ron up here to my House Several years ago to go on a Whitetail Deer Hunt, I put Ron on his First Whitetail Buck  :bl th up

Thank you for the Kind words my Friend! If there is anything i can help ya with, Just Shout! Glad to get Reunited with you again!
“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 10:47:46 PM »
Thats some mighty fine shooting there!, ever shoot a round ball long distance? if so please tell us about it. thanks, Beav
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Idaholewis

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 11:01:53 PM »
Thats some mighty fine shooting there!, ever shoot a round ball long distance? if so please tell us about it. thanks, Beav

I’ve shot a .495 Roundball to 600 Yards

http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=24109.0