Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Shooting the Bow

70" Bow I Made 8 years Ago

(1/5) > >>

Ohio Joe:
I made this 70" 48# @ 28 Maple Backed Birch Bow at least 8 or so years ago, and never really worked with it - but rather stored it in my basement with my other traditional wood longbows and decided it would be a good morning for some archery shooting on my home Range (which you can see I need to tidy things up some...

Anyway, this was my 3rd "such" group of three arrows (all bunched like this group) in the target from 15 yards... I'd say it's a keeper for sure! (You gotta love that "hide glue")

Maven:
 :hairy :hairy

Winter Hawk:
That's a pretty bow!  And, a great group to boot.  Does that have an arrow shelf, or are you shooting off the knuckle?  I can't tell for sure in the photograph.

~Kees~

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Winter Hawk on July 20, 2020, 02:14:02 PM ---That's a pretty bow!  And, a great group to boot.  Does that have an arrow shelf, or are you shooting off the knuckle?  I can't tell for sure in the photograph.

~Kees~

--- End quote ---

Thanks Maven & Kees  :shake

Kees,

I shoot off the knuckle... Only one of my Traditional wood bows has a shelf, (but this one doesn't) though sometimes I think it would be nice maybe in'letting and leather wrapping a little piece of deer antler for a shelf,,, but I get over the idea of it pretty quick... lol!!!  :)

Hank in WV:
I'd be arrow shopping after that session. I'd hit that broken brick with all three shots. :Doh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version