Craftsmanship > Antiques and Treasures

More rawhide work

(1/3) > >>

ridjrunr:
With the rawhide repair work in mind, thought id share this. I bought it from an older gent 3-4 yrs ago a a local blackpowder tradefair. Its a covered  buffler horn.

Oldetexian:
I like it! The rawhide repair has a nice patina to it that gives the horn great character. It's unique which makes it even better. Is it pretty? NO...but it has the feel of being a real, well-used everyday tool.

BEAVERMAN:
Can't say that I've ever seen an entire horn covered before, do you think it's very old or someone just did not want to work the horn to smooth and sanded 30 or 40 years ago?

rollingb:
Dan,.... that's a down-right beautiful horn in my opinion!  :hairy  :)  :applaud

I bought an antique powder horn that should be showing up any day now, and it has 2 cracks in the sides of it (wish it was buffler horn, but it ain't :().
Once I have the horn "in hand", I'll determine if it needs a similar full-length rawhide repair.  :hairy

PetahW:

--- Quote from: rollingb on August 09, 2020, 10:14:37 AM ---Dan,.... that's a down-right beautiful horn in my opinion!  :hairy  :)  :applaud

--- End quote ---

Yep - I think it's downright purdy, too...…  :applaud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version