Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: a couple more q's about the monthly postal matches  (Read 1213 times)

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
a couple more q's about the monthly postal matches
« on: September 24, 2020, 09:09:51 AM »
Two questions from the old newbie here. For the 25HGS match what is the aiming point, the mid or the top of the bottle (I assume it's the mid)? Please explain what is the "locking in" that isn't permitted in the 50 & 100RFR bench matches? BTW, regarding my previous questions about sighting shots, Bigsmoke was right -- my best shot of the five in the 24RFO match was the first cold bore shot! Looking forward to more of those postals!
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: a couple more q's about the monthly postal matches
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 04:33:29 PM »
Two questions from the old newbie here. For the 25HGS match what is the aiming point, the mid or the top of the bottle (I assume it's the mid)? Please explain what is the "locking in" that isn't permitted in the 50 & 100RFR bench matches? BTW, regarding my previous questions about sighting shots, Bigsmoke was right -- my best shot of the five in the 24RFO match was the first cold bore shot! Looking forward to more of those postals!

Well, there's 2 (10X's) on the bottle target... I would suggest shooting at the one in the middle because if you miss high you still get points...

No locking in; You can not use a sling or a shooting sled that locks in your firearm and then adjusted by knobs from the sled to put you on target. You can however shoot off a chunk of wood...  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 05:30:45 PM »
Got it, thanks for the quick reply. Rifle targets were mailed today. Hope to try my hand, pun intended, at the pistol targets tomorrow.
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
 :hairy
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska