Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2020 Paper Silhouettes Have Been Mailed Out Today  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
2020 Paper Silhouettes Have Been Mailed Out Today
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »
 :hairy
Good targets all....now hitting 'em that's good too, iff'n I  can, I will do me best and I'm hopeful of gettin that done real soon.
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Winter Hawk

Re: 2020 Paper Silhouettes Have Been Mailed Out Today
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »
I was cleaning off the desk the other day and found an envelope from Ohio Joe, with silly wet targets in it, to be postmarked by the 15th of THIS MONTH!  Okay, so I have two weeks to shoot six targets, three shots each.  I was going to make the attempt yesterday, but first had some errands to run.  First (and final) stop I got back in the Ranger, hit the starter and heard "wrrrr, click, click, click"....  Not good!  :o  ;banghead;

Called around and my neighbor came out and gave me a jump.  Drove home, the battery appeared to be dead.  Took it to my friendly neighborhood mechanic who put the battery on the charger for an hour and then put the tester on it, which showed it was good.  I took it home and reinstalled it in the truck which started right off, and drove back to Paul's Auto.  He checked around, poked around, jiggled cables and found that the cable from the battery to the started relay was loose.  The nut on the relay post needed to be tightened up, which seems to have fixed the problem.  I drove it this morning on the weekly shopping expedition and it started right up, every time. :applaud

With all this hoopla I didn't get out to the range yesterday or today.  I may possibly go tomorrow, otherwise it's postponed until next week some time, but I intend to "get 'er done!" :bigsmile:

Has anyone else shot their targets?  The I'net seems to be silent on that score!

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »
Glad all turned out okay with your pickup, Kees.

No Powder has turned his in... The scoreboard is at the following link;

http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=23707.msg222604#msg222604

I'm hopeful to get mine shot next week as that October 15th date can sneak up on a feller pretty quick... :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 10:06:58 PM »
I'm hopeful to get mine shot next week as that October 15th date can sneak up on a feller pretty quick... :shake

You got THAT right!   :laffing :laffing :laffing

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »
YEEHAW!!! I got out today and got 'er done.  There was a guy shooting pistol on the 25 yard range so I used the 50 yard range, paced 25 yards from the firing line and then 25 back from the target to make sure I was close, added a yard or two to make sure and loaded from the pouch.  All went well, I even managed to hit the various critters a couple of times.  I shot the bear last and wouldn't you know it, my second shot missed by a mile!   :Doh!  I did manage to clip his foot though.

All in all, not bad for a near-sighted old white guy with cataracts....  :laffing :laffing :laffing

Stopped by the Post Office and had the envelope post marked; now I just hope it gets to Joe!  :pray:

It was kind of funny, it was taking me time to reload between shots, while the guy on the 25 yard range sounded like he was having a war!  At one point he ran I don't know how many shots as fast as he could pull the trigger.  I didn't hear him switch magazines so he may have used two guns but I doubt if there was much accuracy there.  To each his own, I guess.

~Kees~
NMLRA Life

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2020, 02:54:05 PM »
Happy to hear you got it done Kees...  :hairy

Offline SharpStick

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: State Represenative, AZ
  • TMA Member: Membership #806 Expires 8/11/2021
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 03:10:15 PM »
Got mine shot today too! Targets will be in the mail before the day is done.
The range was busier than I've ever seen at 7:00am, probably 'cause we finally got some cool (under 100 degrees) weather.

I thought I was doing fairly well until I see what the fellow next to me does.
He was taking his first shots with a newly built-from-kit Traditions long rifle, percussion style like my Traditions Hawken. Said it had been 30 years since he'd shot black-powder. From bench at 50 yards he put his first 5 shots in a 4" bullseye. He then moved out to 100 yards and did almost as well with only 1 small horizontal adjustment. 

I was a little frustrated 'cause after looking over and comparing our 2 rifles it appears the barrels are the same, both .50 cal and same length, both percussion.

I rewarded his efforts  :bow by telling him about TMA and gave him one of our phamplets.  :shake
They don't pay me all the big bucks for being TMA state rep for nothing.  :laffing

The trouble with doing things right the first time is no one realizes how hard it was.
Often, however, the following is more applicable.
I stand corrected, a position somewhat painful to achieve, but once there, is quite satisfying.

Posts starting 6/20/20 - 151
Posts ending  9/20/20 - (?)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 03:22:07 PM »
Got mine shot today too! Targets will be in the mail before the day is done.
The range was busier than I've ever seen at 7:00am, probably 'cause we finally got some cool (under 100 degrees) weather.

I thought I was doing fairly well until I see what the fellow next to me does.
He was taking his first shots with a newly built-from-kit Traditions long rifle, percussion style like my Traditions Hawken. Said it had been 30 years since he'd shot black-powder. From bench at 50 yards he put his first 5 shots in a 4" bullseye. He then moved out to 100 yards and did almost as well with only 1 small horizontal adjustment. 

I was a little frustrated 'cause after looking over and comparing our 2 rifles it appears the barrels are the same, both .50 cal and same length, both percussion.

I rewarded his efforts  :bow by telling him about TMA and gave him one of our phamplets.  :shake
They don't pay me all the big bucks for being TMA state rep for nothing.  :laffing

Good to hear Sharpstick.  :shake

Remember, he was shooting from the bench - you were shooting offhand.  :bl th up

Still, I always get a kick out'a watching someone nailing those center X's as long as it's not against me... :laffing