Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Forum activity down since FB Page dropped?  (Read 1902 times)

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
Re: Forum activity down since FB Page dropped?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 07:29:58 PM »
A thousand new topics in July? Almost 2300 new posts?  I don't think so. Wasn't that the reorganizing of the forums?

Even June and August are statistical anomalies. Something is skewing those numbers, and September looks to be on track with the rest of the data pre-June 2020.

So all in all, it's basically remained the same once you remove the outliers.

Yes, that was the forum "re-org" that skewed July and August, but not June, nor September.

The TMA will continue to have a Facebook presence, but no conversations will be allowed on that page.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »
I sincerely  doubt  shutting down the  FalseBook page has caused drop in posts. It's  more likely the Covid 19 caused cancellations in Muzzleloading  Events that has caused the drop. Let's  see  if hunting season brings the posts back up.

I rather think what Nessmuk posted has a whole lot to do with TMA traffic... I expect we'll see an up surge come ML hunting season.

Also, one should keep in mind that it just wasn't the ML events (like the Rendezvous) that were cancelled,,, there were an awful lot of Shooting Ranges that shut down. And now we have all these fires that have effected many a folks... Hasn't been a good year at all, but hopefully we can rebound and get back to some resemblance of normal...  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Doc Nock

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 01:15:25 PM »
I sincerely  doubt  shutting down the  FalseBook page has caused drop in posts. It's  more likely the Covid 19 caused cancellations in Muzzleloading  Events that has caused the drop. Let's  see  if hunting season brings the posts back up.

I rather think what Nessmuk posted has a whole lot to do with TMA traffic... I expect we'll see an up surge come ML hunting season.

Also, one should keep in mind that it just wasn't the ML events (like the Rendezvous) that were cancelled,,, there were an awful lot of Shooting Ranges that shut down. And now we have all these fires that have effected many a folks... Hasn't been a good year at all, but hopefully we can rebound and get back to some resemblance of normal...  :shake

It's nice to see some folks liked the FB forum...given I REFUSE to ever set foot on that place, I ain't got a nickle in that dime...

I have to drive a bit to a range and there isn't good communication on whether it remained open her or not, so it was safer to just NOT go... that and it's not a quality range...IMO... I took my own fold up target and was told if I wanted a bench shot to set up a target at 25 and shoot...now their website makes that sound dicey...Whatever, I may have to NOT renew come January

I like this forum and one other for BP and it also is cyclical... with low points, FWIW...

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »
the ***ONLY*** value that facebook offers the TMA is to redirect folks to the TMA website.

if they don't register at the TMA website, then they are never participating and their "read only" numbers are meaningless to a fair degree. 

there have been 49 new forum registrations since the beginning of march 2020.  3 have become contributing members.  15 have posted and 34 have yet to make a post.

so, i see no reason to believe that the demise of the active TMA facebook page has caused any lessening of TMA forum posting.  we still have a TMA facebook page as read-only, and who knows where those 49 registrants originated?  i will be adding a new mandatory field to the registration, asking how you found out about the TMA.

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »
the ***ONLY*** value that facebook offers the TMA is to redirect folks to the TMA website.

if they don't register at the TMA website, then they are never participating and their "read only" numbers are meaningless to a fair degree. 

there have been 49 new forum registrations since the beginning of march 2020.  3 have become contributing members.  15 have posted and 34 have yet to make a post.

so, i see no reason to believe that the demise of the active TMA facebook page has caused any lessening of TMA forum posting.  we still have a TMA facebook page as read-only, and who knows where those 49 registrants originated?  i will be adding a new mandatory field to the registration, asking how you found out about the TMA.

I think that is a great idea!  :hairy  :hairy
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 03:18:59 PM »
New mandatory TMA forum registration field added ...

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 03:29:06 PM »
 :hairy  :hairy  :bow  :applaud
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 04:26:51 PM »
 :hairy
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 04:45:11 PM »
I am Nessmuk  and I approve  this action/ message/ idea.

:bigsmile:
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »
I am Nessmuk  and I approve  this action/ message/ idea.

:bigsmile:

i am RobD and well golly gee whiz, thank you so much for your continued support!

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »
 :hairy
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"