Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2021 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Trading Post !

For smartphone and tablet users, a TMA mobile theme is available!

Author Topic: TMA ***2021*** Postal Matches  (Read 1356 times)

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & TMA Contributing Member
Re: TMA ***2021*** Postal Matches
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 06:18:58 PM »

I will suggest that we send the photo or scan of the target to Rob in a PM, and that they don't get posted to the website until that month's shooting is over.  I say this because otherwise some of us may get discouraged and not shoot if we see several very good targets already shot.

~Kees~

This is a very good point and I like it lots.  It could also mean that competitors would not have to post images, which may impose some technical issues on their end - they could email target face images direct to me and I'd post them.  There might be the concern that I would alter scored target faces, but each competitor would have their scored face image to post and refute what I've posted - a check and balance of sorts. 

I'm going to amend the rules to use your recommendation for scored target submission, only all will go to my TMA email address.

Thank ye, Kees!!  :toast  :wave

Online Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 008 Exp. 9/26/21
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2020, 07:01:25 AM »

I will suggest that we send the photo or scan of the target to Rob in a PM, and that they don't get posted to the website until that month's shooting is over.  I say this because otherwise some of us may get discouraged and not shoot if we see several very good targets already shot.

~Kees~

This is a very good point and I like it lots.  It could also mean that competitors would not have to post images, which may impose some technical issues on their end - they could email target face images direct to me and I'd post them.  There might be the concern that I would alter scored target faces, but each competitor would have their scored face image to post and refute what I've posted - a check and balance of sorts. 

I'm going to amend the rules to use your recommendation for scored target submission, only all will go to my TMA email address.

I would also like to suggest the following;

I feel the shooter should be required to "make the attempt" at scoring their own target on turning it in (posting it to you) as everyone taking part, should know our TMA scoring rules, and how to score a target they shot...

I only bring this up as I've seen 4 years + of targets turned in that you just have to make a judgement call on as even the "shooter" themselves, had no idea what they shot because they choose not to follow the directions of a "cardboard backer" for their target...  :Doh!

Annual July Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous
Visit "The Fur Trade Museum" Chadron, Nebraska
1st Infantry Division '74 - '77

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2020, 07:09:50 AM »

~Kees~

I feel the shooter should be required to "make the attempt" at scoring their own target on turning it in (posting it to you) as everyone taking part, should know our TMA scoring rules, and how to score a target they shot...

I only bring this up as I've seen 4 years + of targets turned in that you just have to make a judgement call on as even the "shooter" themselves, had no idea what they shot because they choose not to follow the directions of a "cardboard backer" for their target...  :Doh!

Yes, I agree - you had mentioned that before, about the competitor scoring their target face, and that's why it was included in the target face submission rules.

Scoring their targets and cardboard target face backing is Mandatory, for sure!

:shake

Online Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2020, 07:17:04 AM »

~Kees~

Yes, I agree - you had mentioned that before, about the competitor scoring their target face, and that's why it was included in the target face submission rules.

:Doh!

Sorry Rob, I missed that (forgot) or dozed, off when reading the rules again... I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

'bout nap time now... :laffing :shake

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2020, 07:52:48 AM »

~Kees~

:Doh!

Sorry Rob, I missed that (forgot) or dozed, off when reading the rules again... I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

'bout nap time now... :laffing :shake

OH!  How I know that sleepless feeling!  :Doh!   :scared:  ;banghead;  ;D

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: # 788 Expiration 1/2/2021
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2020, 06:35:52 PM »
I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

Welcome to MY world!   :laffing :laffing :laffing  Ain't retirement fun?

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Posts starting 6/20/20 - 1103
Posts ending  9/20/20 - (?)

Online Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2020, 08:19:34 PM »
I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

Welcome to MY world!   :laffing :laffing :laffing  Ain't retirement fun?

~Kees~

I have to say, it does pave the way for an afternoon nap...  :laffing  Which I took!!!  :hairy