Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: TMA ***2021*** Postal Matches  (Read 14175 times)

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
Re: TMA ***2021*** Postal Matches
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 06:18:58 PM »

I will suggest that we send the photo or scan of the target to Rob in a PM, and that they don't get posted to the website until that month's shooting is over.  I say this because otherwise some of us may get discouraged and not shoot if we see several very good targets already shot.

~Kees~

This is a very good point and I like it lots.  It could also mean that competitors would not have to post images, which may impose some technical issues on their end - they could email target face images direct to me and I'd post them.  There might be the concern that I would alter scored target faces, but each competitor would have their scored face image to post and refute what I've posted - a check and balance of sorts. 

I'm going to amend the rules to use your recommendation for scored target submission, only all will go to my TMA email address.

Thank ye, Kees!!  :toast  :wave

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2020, 07:01:25 AM »

I will suggest that we send the photo or scan of the target to Rob in a PM, and that they don't get posted to the website until that month's shooting is over.  I say this because otherwise some of us may get discouraged and not shoot if we see several very good targets already shot.

~Kees~

This is a very good point and I like it lots.  It could also mean that competitors would not have to post images, which may impose some technical issues on their end - they could email target face images direct to me and I'd post them.  There might be the concern that I would alter scored target faces, but each competitor would have their scored face image to post and refute what I've posted - a check and balance of sorts. 

I'm going to amend the rules to use your recommendation for scored target submission, only all will go to my TMA email address.

I would also like to suggest the following;

I feel the shooter should be required to "make the attempt" at scoring their own target on turning it in (posting it to you) as everyone taking part, should know our TMA scoring rules, and how to score a target they shot...

I only bring this up as I've seen 4 years + of targets turned in that you just have to make a judgement call on as even the "shooter" themselves, had no idea what they shot because they choose not to follow the directions of a "cardboard backer" for their target...  :Doh!

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2020, 07:09:50 AM »

~Kees~

I feel the shooter should be required to "make the attempt" at scoring their own target on turning it in (posting it to you) as everyone taking part, should know our TMA scoring rules, and how to score a target they shot...

I only bring this up as I've seen 4 years + of targets turned in that you just have to make a judgement call on as even the "shooter" themselves, had no idea what they shot because they choose not to follow the directions of a "cardboard backer" for their target...  :Doh!

Yes, I agree - you had mentioned that before, about the competitor scoring their target face, and that's why it was included in the target face submission rules.

Scoring their targets and cardboard target face backing is Mandatory, for sure!

:shake

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2020, 07:17:04 AM »

~Kees~

Yes, I agree - you had mentioned that before, about the competitor scoring their target face, and that's why it was included in the target face submission rules.

:Doh!

Sorry Rob, I missed that (forgot) or dozed, off when reading the rules again... I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

'bout nap time now... :laffing :shake

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2020, 07:52:48 AM »

~Kees~

:Doh!

Sorry Rob, I missed that (forgot) or dozed, off when reading the rules again... I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

'bout nap time now... :laffing :shake

OH!  How I know that sleepless feeling!  :Doh!   :scared:  ;banghead;  ;D

Offline Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2020, 06:35:52 PM »
I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

Welcome to MY world!   :laffing :laffing :laffing  Ain't retirement fun?

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2020, 08:19:34 PM »
I've been up since 3:30 am, just couldn't sleep last night...  :Doh!

Welcome to MY world!   :laffing :laffing :laffing  Ain't retirement fun?

~Kees~

I have to say, it does pave the way for an afternoon nap...  :laffing  Which I took!!!  :hairy

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2021, 02:59:27 PM »
Is it April yet???  I have the TMA target printed out, have my cardboard backer, need to bring my 100' tape to make sure the 25 yard range at the club really IS 25 yards.  I also need to get out in the near future with the PA Hunter to make sure she hits where I aim (another excuse for going shooting).  Yeppers, I am READY!

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online dmarsh

• TMA Member: Member #798
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2021, 11:03:24 AM »
OK as an old simple minded fool who likes to keep things simple this is what I think I read with all of these posts.
1)  I can shoot the TMA Face target once a month on a cardboard backer.  Email it in the same month.  Same one each month as it is up to me.
2)  Same rules as last year on calibers (.31 - .75)  Pistols, rifles/smoothbores my choice and can vary month to month.
3)  Distance from the target at 25 yards..
4)  I should attempt to score my own target.
5)  It says not to print  the target in this posting  so which ones do I print?
6)  What about the Mike Fink target -- maybe I missed a post.  When are we still shooting it in July and do we need a partner?
7)  Count me in.

And for the retirement record I sleep like a baby 8 hours a night (11PM to 7AM).  Love retirement. :bigsmile: :hairy

Dave

"I won't be wronged.  I won't be insulted.  I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline KDubs

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2021, 11:40:16 AM »
I'm confused,  what is this RETIREMENT you guys speak of ??  ha.
 I only work 98 days a yr so i guess I'm almost there.
 Looking forward to some friendly competition.
kevin
TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »
Kevin, retirement is kind a hard to explain - but the short answer is; (and it happens) when we're looking for something - eventually we find we've been carrying it around in one of our pockets, or in our hand... Eventually we find it after asking the wife if she's seen...........  :Doh!

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2021, 01:09:04 PM »
5)  It says not to print  the target in this posting  so which ones do I print?
6)  What about the Mike Fink target -- maybe I missed a post.  When are we still shooting it in July and do we need a partner?

5) I will be posting target images, and in a separate thread.
6) I will announce which month that one target will be shot - no partner needed.

Online dmarsh

• TMA Member: Member #798
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2021, 04:11:30 PM »
OK.  Thanks.   :yessir: :hairy
"I won't be wronged.  I won't be insulted.  I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Ridgerunner

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2021, 01:45:58 PM »
Just joined to shoot the match

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2021, 02:43:57 PM »
Just joined to shoot the match

Hi Ron!  :wave

Thanx for joining and we hope you'll enjoy our new TMA Postal Match!   :bl th up

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or comments.  :shake

Cheers,
Rob.
 :*: