Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Wonder If Trekking Picked Up???  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Wonder If Trekking Picked Up???
« on: August 09, 2020, 09:05:53 PM »
With the Covid-19, I just got to wondering if more folks in our hobby took it up / or may take up Trekking? Of course I think much of doing this depends on where you live, hunting seasons, and the weather...  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline ridjrunr

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Wonder If Trekking Picked Up???
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 09:42:40 PM »
The closest place I could do that is Fall River , about 1.5 hrs se of me. Been meaning to but cant find a single person that wants to go.  Only bad thing is you can only camp at the camp ground at the state park, way on the south end of the area. Supposed to be lots of skwerls up along the river north of the  Reservoir. I know the ranger, cool lady that hosts a voo at that campground ever fall.
I never expected it but its nearly as hard to find public land hear as in Tx.
HCH member
NRA member
Fluent in English and sarcasm
TMA Member #313
Expires 10/8/21

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: Wonder If Trekking Picked Up???
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 10:19:22 PM »
The closest place I could do that is Fall River , about 1.5 hrs se of me. Been meaning to but cant find a single person that wants to go.  Only bad thing is you can only camp at the camp ground at the state park, way on the south end of the area. Supposed to be lots of skwerls up along the river north of the  Reservoir. I know the ranger, cool lady that hosts a voo at that campground ever fall.
I never expected it but its nearly as hard to find public land hear as in Tx.

Times are a changing.

I have to say that most of my trekking has come from my days out hunting Antelope up on the grasslands during the September muzzle loading season on them... It was good times because just when a person thought they'd seen it all, every once in a'while I'd come across an old ruin of a homestead and I'd be careful exploring the area as you just never knew where a rattle'r was going to be hanging out. I was a'lot younger back in those days - and I'm not sure now what I enjoyed the most,,, hunting Antelope or exploring? They both were enjoyable.  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska