Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: times are changing  (Read 1333 times)

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
times are changing
« on: November 14, 2020, 05:52:26 PM »
HELLO,fellow skinners,  just a little rant, about, changing times, Im 73 and have lived in my home for 40 years I have 40 acres, half in hay the rest in woods, with a creek, I have a small primitive camp set up for me and my old black lab, I have a 50 yard shooting range that i dont use much anymore, I have 4 horses a 1 mule and 2 dogs buried up there, [my family]. People have been moving up here in droves and have been trying to make this small town just like the city they moved from, they mostly work from home, they have suceeded to make the area around here a no shooting zone, so much for my range, and even though I have my place posted they feel free to come into my orchard, and walk my trails even after i told them i dont want anyone in here. One of them a woman said [SUE ME} as she flipped me off. Sheriff wont do anything says it is a civil matter.I have never been one to look for trouble, but I can see it coming. Im always armed, but never really had to worry about 2 legged vermin before,time,s are changing, and not for the best.

Offline KDubs

• TMA Contributing Member
Re: times are changing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »
Are you in north idaho.
 I could repay your sentiment almost word for word.
 Except up here if don't hear gunfire everyday then we know somethings wrong.
 I feel for you my friend I truly do.

TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »
Where 'bouts are you located JimBowie1?
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 06:19:10 PM »
I forgot to say where im at, Im in ashford wa, 5 miles from mt rainier nat park, We always get alot of traffic up here in the summer, and mostly nat forest land  but over the last few years and  really in the last year people up here have sold their  land and  subdevided it into smaller lots, I cant blame them most are older like me and cant keep up with taking care of a big place,I will end my days here, and the property will be given to the nisqually land trust so that no one can ever build on it or change it, I have 40-50 elk in there everynight feeding on the apples sow bear and her 2 cubs also , It has been my place of refuge from all the things going bad, but now im going to have to deal with people that think they can do whatever they want.
I just wanted to say thank you to the folks that answered my post.

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 06:32:23 PM »
I think I can speak for everyone here at the TMA,... when I say, we all sympathize with your dilemma my friend.  :shake  :*:
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 07:35:20 PM »
Put up no trespassing signs and call the high sheriff when folks trespass on your land.

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 10:43:59 PM »
I have it posted heavy, I am not very tec  smart i have been trying to post pics of my place and also my muzzle loader collection but i  am not as smart as this  blasted machine. lol

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 11:11:37 PM »
I have it posted heavy, I am not very tec  smart i have been trying to post pics of my place and also my muzzle loader collection but i  am not as smart as this  blasted machine. lol

Well Joe,.... that makes two of us!  :lol sign  :toast  :shake
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 11:12:55 PM »
JB I replied to your PM to me have you read it?
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Sjfriend

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: TMA Member #791
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 12:57:50 PM »
Sorry for your troubles! I fully understand where you're coming from. I escaped CA and live in Alaska (5.5 acres) for last 15 years. But, too many people leaving the cities to "escape" want to bring their lives n views with them  ;banghead; Its happening all over the West. Even say up here. The sad joke here is if we have to go to the big city we say we are going to Los Anchorage.

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
OUR ultra blue liberal has shut dow just about everything starting at noon today until dec 14th . People now being able to work from home  will really change the rural areas, the cable co.s are going full tilt putting in  acess to hi speed internet up here, people building houses 1 right after the other. When I bought my home 40 years ago  all the roads were dirt and had names like cedar road and ranger drive now all are paved and have street #. all i can do is watch and see my taxs go way up. SAD but cant stop it.

Offline Sjfriend

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: TMA Member #791
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 05:09:19 PM »
Part of whats sad/funny is how many of them demand we not mess up the earth then move out to the countryside, build a single family unit but tell others they should live in cities and apartment buildings????

Offline One Shot

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 03:33:21 AM »
If y'alls land is posted all around people know it is private land upon entry. In addition if you advise them that they are trespassing they now know for sure.

It is a misdemeanor in the state. It carries a penalty of up to 12 months in jail and or a fine. The Sheriff is being a lazy ol boy by calling it a civil matter.

WA Legislation:- Criminal Code. (c) to remain in a part of the place after being requested by a person in authority to leave that part of the place. (2) A person who, without lawful excuse, trespasses on a place is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for 12 months and a fine of $12 000.

trespass - WA Legislation:- Criminal Code

If that all don't work, y'all can sit at the cross roads of the trails naked as a jay in a chair waiting for the next one to come by an tell'em they are all trespassing. :laffing
Semper Fi
The Few The Proud

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 10:04:17 AM »
I would think that if a person not only posted NO TRESPASSING signs - would also post under that sign the following,,, that much of your problems would be solved... Probably not all, but I expect it would go pretty far in helping out with these Trespassers...

NO TRESPASSING

A person who, without lawful excuse, trespasses on a place is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for 12 months and a fine of $12 000.
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 01:58:56 PM »
It is a small town and everyone knows each other,  we are mostly older people  but that has changed in the last 2 years and younger people from the city are  moving out here,they have every right to but for the most part they seem to think they can do what they want, like use bad language around kids and older people, just not the same class of people that we hoped for. My neighbors still ask me if they can go pick apples or take a walk around the pasture, even though i have told them many times to feel free to go there any time, that just the kind of people they are. Im still thinking about what I will do if i find homeless people up there, we have already had 2 protest groups up here, I guess it,s just a matter of time, I usually just carry my old 1906 22 win pump rifle with me but i added my colt  king cobra, 357 to my carry gun.
THIS is neither a rant or a sypathy post it is just an old man talking to some new friends