Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Happy Holidays to All ! !  (Read 1188 times)

Offline PetahW

• TMA Forum Member
Happy Holidays to All ! !
« on: December 20, 2020, 01:01:30 PM »

Wishing all here (and their families) have a safe, healthy, and happy Holiday season, regardless of faith.   :applaud

NRA Life Member since 1971
USAF Vet (Vietnam era)
Boy Scouts of America

EVERYONE HAS A HIDDEN TALENT THEY DIDN"T KNOW ABOUT UNTIL TEQUILA...

Offline Butler Ford 40

• TMA Contributing Member
Re: Happy Holidays to All ! !
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
The very same to you and yours!
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey for tomorrow I may have to eat them.  Amen

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 01:53:55 PM »
 :hairy :hairy :hairy
Everyone please stay safe, if traveling over the holidays.  :pray:
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 03:50:28 PM »
My sentiments exactly! :bigsmile:

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 06:26:37 PM »
Happy Holidays to all of you and your families.
This Holiday season is going to be like nothing we've ever seen before, with this Covid thing hanging over our collective heads, but let's give it our best shot.

I have two kids down with Covid right now. At present, they are doing pretty good, they both say the worst part is behind them as they've been released from the Hospital after almost 10 days, and they are now going into a 14 day Quarantine, which means they are both going to be out of work for just about a full month before they get back on the job, a bad time of year for being out of work, but it appears they are getting their Health back, and that is the most important thing in the world to this family.

Don't underestimate the severity of Covid, along with who may or may not get it!
My son and my daughte-in-law are both young, healthy, and stout as young Mules, a perfect picture of Health!
But that darn bug found 'em both!
I offer no solution as to how you might avoid this, it's just there.
Be careful, stay safe, and do what you have to do, as hopefully, This too will come to pass.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Uncle Russ....

It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online KDubs

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 07:47:34 PM »
Russ, first happy holidays Merry Christmas . happy Chanukah etc.
 Sorry about the family and covid. It's a bitch.
 I'm a nurse, work in a nursing home, covid came thru and it was hell for staff and residents.
 I have been exposed for 9-10 months now, I'm tested twice a week,  never been +.
 All I can say is masks and hand washing work..just have to be diligent.  Keep that guard up.
 Be safe and hoping your family makes it ok with no.lasting effects.
 Kevin
TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 08:53:51 PM »
Hats off to to you Kevin for the important work you do!
You, especially you, should know exactly of what I speak when it comes to this dreaded bug.
WA State was something of a epi-center when this Virus first hit. Counties within the State have had varying degrees of success in fighting / containing the Virus, different Counties have, on a scale of 1 to 4, been able to reopen to what we once knew as normal, unfortunately my County Has never made it past stage two of reopening, in fact, we are back to almost "lockdown"..... again!
I was fine with hunkering down, going nowhere, wearing my mask when I was out, doing the hand washing, using sanitizer, and disinfectant on bags of groceries when I picked yp groceries, yada, yada,....you know the drill.
Then around the 1st of December it hit home!
Got my Grandson in Olympia first, then it hit my son and daughter-in-law, and that's when it became serious!
My daughter, and one of my daughter-in laws are RN's working with Covid Patents every single day, and they are just fine, thank God!
The other daughter-in-law works at Toyota Dealership, in her own office, isolated from the public, and practicing good preventive hygiene, and she comes down with Covid!...go figure.
I urge everyone to be careful, practice good preventive hygiene, use the mask when and where applicable.
I've used so much Hand Sanitizer since this Covid thing that  I can now clean and sanatize  the toilet every time I pee...but so far, I'm good.
Be careful, stay safe, Covid will get you if given the chance!

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 10:41:40 AM »
Having had a more than week long visit of Covid-19 at the end of this past February, I began over four months researching virus infections and vaccines. 

Humanity is rife with many types of viruses, we live with them inside our bodies daily.  There is no escape from viral infection and viral "safeguards" at best delay the inevitable.  Many humans, if not most humans, already are viral carriers but have good immune systems that mollify if not destroy viral threats. 

It's the human immune system that creates the antibodies that will seek out and overcome viral toxic particulates - nothing else has been found or invented that will eliminate viral infection.  Bolstering the immune system is smart.  This means a proper diet and exercise, and taking quality supplements.  People with immune deficiencies and/or have health issues need to be careful if not self quarantine - this is just common sense.

Americans have never had to lock down, social distance, and wear face coverings for past virus pandemics such as SARS1, MERS, avian flu, swine flu, Spanish flu, and even the common yearly flu that has killed legions of Americans over the recorded USA decades and will continue to do so every year.  Deadly as it and other viruses are, I do not see any evidence that the current Covid-19 pandemic is worse than any of the aforementioned viruses.  But look at what all the government Covid-19 orders have done to our nation.

Online KDubs

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »
Preach on brother. Preach on. :shake
 Kevin

TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 04:09:05 PM »
Russ, that's a shock to read!  I'm glad that they are getting better, will keep them in my prayers.  Let's hope that they don't have after effects!

And going on what Rob said, the gov't. is involved now and I'm not happy with this immunization program that is going on.  I am NOT an "anti-vaxer", I believe in getting the shots I need to build up disease immunity.  However, this is being done in such a rush I fear it will do more harm than good.  Other vaccines have been tested over several years before being approved for the general public but this is being rushed and we don't know what side affects there will be in the long run.

My 2 cents worth, and you get what you pay for!   :laffing

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all here at our TMA Forum!  :shake :toast :hairy
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Butler Ford 40

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 06:09:04 PM »
The same best wishes to you and yours!!
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey for tomorrow I may have to eat them.  Amen