TMA Events and Activites > Upcoming Shows and Rendezvous

Chadron Fur Trade Days 2021

<< < (2/2)

Ohio Joe:
John, there were a couple of times we made a side stop at the NMLRA's National Shoot when on vacation, as we headed east...

I didn't compete, but I did watch some of those Offhand Matches, and visited the Vendors, and Museum, and eat some lunch in what I assume was the club house... Best liver and onions I ever et' was at that place...

Sadly, they lost me when they went to the modern Inline Muzzleloaders... Just couldn't go that route, and still can't...

However, it was (and probably will continue to be) the largest gathering of Vendors a person will ever see in one place. 

ridjrunr:
9 hrs and some change one way, a trip I really want to make sooner than later. :pray:

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: ridjrunr on February 16, 2021, 07:53:21 PM ---9 hrs and some change one way, a trip I really want to make sooner than later. :pray:

--- End quote ---

Yes sir... Unless we live in an area out west here that is close to a doings, we all pretty much have some distance to travel just getting to the Rendezvous.

I'm lucky that I have Chadron Fur Trade Days (35 miles to our camp site from my house), and Camp Clark Raiders (down near Bridgeport - 90 miles southeast of me), then there are a few Rendezvous up in South Dakota within 100 to 200 miles of me (give or take),,, but Chadron Fur trade Days is my home base / club...

I'll admit that after a week in camp, I'm a feeling and smelling pretty ripe,,, and it's nice to get home and hit that hot shower, and set on a throne where the flies aren't trying to make you one of their own...  :laffing

But I'll do it all again!!!  :hairy     

Bigsmoke:

--- Quote ---I'll admit that after a week in camp, I'm a feeling and smelling pretty ripe,,, and it's nice to get home and hit that hot shower, and set on a throne where the flies aren't trying to make you one of their own...  :laffing
--- End quote ---

Went to an event in Washington state one time and the yellow jackets had taken over the outhouse, the rattle snakes claimed the spring and some nasty little bugs of some sort or another had taken over the pond.  It was hotter than the hubs of Hades and the dust was knee deep.  We all had a great time.

John (Bigsmoke)

Ohio Joe:
It's funny how we remember those type of doings, ain't it John.  :shake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version