Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2021 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

For smartphone and tablet users, a TMA mobile theme is available!

Author Topic: The other project  (Read 516 times)

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
Re: The other project
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 10:20:27 AM »
Looking GOOD!  :hairy
~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Online KDubs

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 10:57:30 AM »
Man sure looks like its coming along.
 I started my Fowler build,  your stock looks clean .
 Somehow mine is covered in inlet black . messy.
 Keep it going . it's looks good
Kevin

USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Offline shootrj2003

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 07:21:50 PM »
I did my wedge slots today and I have to wait for my hardware and furniture to arrive ,probably and hopefully not more than a week TOW has not shipped so far but the Hawkin shoppe did today ,laurel mountain  just ordered today but I donít need that yet.I m gonna make my wedge plates but I need a trip to the coin  shoppe for junk silver ,every thing else except foofaraw  is iron. [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
I go forth armed and girded as a free man.

Expires 1/8/14
Member #609

Offline shootrj2003

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2021, 08:09:53 PM »
While I wait I may start fiddling with the cherry stock for the Fowler project  ,I had started before but the wood has issues and I found another piece of cherry thick enough for a stock in my supply.I wish that one could talk as it has just enough rough edges that it could be a native owned or a settler it has two tacks in the stock and a brass ring through the underrib as I stated before.it was won in an auction of local stuff by an antique dealer lady who worked with my wife in the county.
 Up to about 100 years ago in the Ramapo Mountains of southern N.Y and Northern N.J. There was an area populated by a people of mixed blood of white,black and Native American  extraction ,they were largely untouched by outsider until probably the 1920ís ,they dated back to pre revolution times, this is largely a history by word of mouth and local stories ,so there is a deal of truth to it,but much is conjecture,the auction where the Fowler originated was ,I believe,from that general area,so the hints of its heritage could be interesting but no real provenance until it starts jabbering!
I go forth armed and girded as a free man.

Expires 1/8/14
Member #609