TMA Events and Activites > Upcoming Shows and Rendezvous

One Person Rendezvousing

(1/3) > >>

Ohio Joe:
I always thought a simple setup like in the picture below would be ideal for just one person at a Rendezvous (and of course if they're into the Trekking...

A few years back, a couple guys shared this setup (I'm thinking they may have been with the (American Mountain Men), but I can't say for sure?

They were camped at an angle behind grandson Lucas and I (our wall tent).  Anyway, a simple set up and they were good company for sure.

This may be my setup not so far off in the near future, or I might go back to my Wedge Tent setup?

And this, IMHO, is just a bit too much for one person;

rollingb:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on April 07, 2021, 10:24:22 AM ---I always thought a simple setup like in the picture below would be ideal for just one person at a Rendezvous (and of course if they're into the Trekking...

A few years back, a couple guys shared this setup (I'm thinking they may have been with the (American Mountain Men), but I can't say for sure?

They were camped at an angle behind grandson Lucas and I (our wall tent).  Anyway, a simple set up and they were good company for sure.

This may be my setup not so far off in the near future, or I might go back to my Wedge Tent setup?

And this, IMHO, is just a bit too much for one person;

--- End quote ---

Yes,.... the leanto in your top picture belonged to one of the AMM fellas, you (usually) won't find them sleeping under anything they can't easily pack on a horse.  :bl th up

The fella (whose leanto you have in the picture) traded me out of a .62 smoothie fowling piece.  :)

The other fella traded me out of one of my leantos,.... he planned to "gift it" to a friend of his once they got to the Nationals in Idaho.  :)

Oldetexian:
Hey Joe.

IMHO you are definitely heading down the right trail. All I ever used was the oilcloth plowpoint until year before last when I caved in and got me a nice wedge. I got to use it ONCE before this damnable virus shut us all down. But, I am already getting it ready for later this year. It WILL be used...and that's a promise.

I cannot haul as much detritus as I used to. Less is more as they like to say. My wedge feels roomy and plush, but still isn't too much for me to handle.

Winter Hawk:
I'm in the process of putting one of these together, to more or less the dimensions given.  Bought a sheet set from WallyWorld (I don't remember if it was full size or queen; I think the later).  Just sewing on it on days I don't get out to do other stuff so it is going kind of slow.  I'll waterproof it per Rondo's instructions in a PM hew sent me, using turpentine and linseed oil and see what happens.

~Kees~
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
From "On Your Own in the Wilderness" by Townsend Whelan and Bradford Angier

Ohio Joe:
Kees, I wonder if a feller could make one of those like you're making out of a "painters tarp" (white canvas)... It would probably turn a darker color after treating it I would think, or -  just dye it with cold coffee... Folgers / Max Well House - I don't think it'd make a difference... But I ain't a going to go de'caf !!!  :laffing  :shake

Rondo, I'm not sure, but did you make that trade (.62 smoothie fowling piece) about 3 or 4 years ago at the Chadron Fur Trade Rondy? For some reason I'm thinking you and Beth where down on that bend on the knoll? If so, I think I recall that.

:shake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version