Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Not "legal here" BUT I would LOVE to Have !!!! A " Halls 18.. Breach loader !!!  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
;banghead;

I seem to recall that maybe Pedersoli or one of the other Italian manufacturers did put out a Remington style rolling block with a nipple instead of a firing pin back some time ago.  I am thinking that was in the 1970's or 1980's.  I don't think that gun ever really caught on.
John (Bigsmoke)

That they did!
But the pre-1900 design clause in our TMA Mission Statement excludes them as being acceptable.

I'm a little surprised the British Ferguson breech loading rifle hasn't been mentioned along with the Hall's breech loader yet.  :)

I mentioned the Ferguson Rifle right off the bat in my post above.  :bl th up

IMHO, the TMA is an awareness organization for the most part... We basically operate as a forum only. If we open the forum to breech loading black powder firearms such as the; Ferguson / Halls / Sharps - (flint & percussion ignition breech loaders,,, we may find a few more followers who also  shoot the traditional style muzzle loading firearms...

In reality, I don't see anyone busting down the doors to get into the TMA - but we may have some  by-passers who have an interest in the "flint & percussion ignition breech loaders" that may come in (along with their muzzle loading firearms) simply because they have recognition of both in the time period we cover with our cutoff date of, 1900...

We are still first and foremost traditional muzzle loading. To deny the idea & thoughts that flint & percussion ignition breech loaders (that existed along side traditional muzzle loading firearms,,, is (IMHO) to deny they existed at all...

Remember, conical bullets have been around a very long time. The Civil War was fought with many a conical bullet firearms... There is no 1840 cut off date to the TMA. That cutoff date only exist related to the Fur Trade Days of Rendezvous of where patch and ball & ball and wadding existed as common...

:shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6

Quote from: Ohio Joe
I mentioned the Ferguson Rifle right off the bat in my post above.  :bl th up

I stand corrected.  :hairy

"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6