Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: TMA 2022 Postal Match  (Read 3560 times)

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
TMA 2022 Postal Match
« on: February 08, 2022, 09:39:03 AM »
The TMA 2022 Postal Match will start on April 1st and end the last day of October.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE:  A shooter class system will be enacted for the 2023 TMA Monthly Postal Matches and shooter scores from 2021 and 2022 will be used to classify competitors next year.  Master/50, Expert/45, Sharpshooter/40, Marksman/35, Patriot/30, Defender/29 and under.  Each competitor will need to submit at least two scores commensurate with the class they will be assigned, and all new first time match shooters will need to submit at least two target scores in order to be assigned an initial class.

If there is one (or more) shooters within a class, a top score winner will be named.

ALL competitors will have their class added to their posting title, and the title will be updated if they move up in class.

The shooter class system will hopefully be an impetus for folks to join the TMA Postal Match competition and have it be a vehicle to help strive for better marksmanship.  With a scoring classification system, as you improve you will have an opportunity to jump up in class and thus receive a good measure of shooting achievement.  Without a class scoring system, some folks - like me! - who will never become a Master at least have an opportunity to jump class from Defender to Patriot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANYONE can enter the monthly contests, there are no match fees.  If you are not already registered on the TMA forum, it's also free, just sign up!  Submit a completed target face type for just one month, or a group of selective months, or all seven months - totally your call !

Trad muzzleloaders only, .31 to .75 in bore, iron sights, lead balls/bullets.  Long gun or pistol (either rifled or smoothbore), any traditional ignition system (flintlock, percussion, match lock, wheel lock) are all welcome.

You can use multiple trad muzzleloaders - it doesn't matter if one month you shoot a rifled long gun and another month you shoot a smoothbore pistol.  All that matters is that a firearm that meets the rules standards (shown above) is employed.  Lots of choices!

There are no special equipment "classes", run what ya brung as long as it fits the general rules, we all compete as one happy trad muzzleloader fun lovin' group.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

QUICK SYNOPSIS OF THE 2022 POSTAL MATCH

1.  Make a post in this thread that you will be shooting in the TMA Postal Match.

2.  Print your target, mount your target with cardboard backing (this will allow the cleanest bullet holes).

Print out the TMA Bullseye target face for match shooting - http://tradmla.org/postal21/tma821.pdf

Print out the TMA Specialty Mike Fink target face for match shooting - http://tradmla.org/postal21/tmamf21.pdf

3.  Pick one or more months to shoot.

4.  Shoot for score!

---> All targets are to be shot offhand at a measured 25 yards, five shots per target.

---> Bullet holes must completely break a scoring line to count for the higher value.

---> Target faces and scores will get posted on the day AFTER a monthly match has completed.

---> Each competitor can shoot a maximum of TWO target faces per monthly match.  Pick the best of the two faces for your submitted score.

5.  Each month, submit your best scored target face by emailing an image of it to: score@TradMLA.org. Targets must be filled out with name, date, rifle or smoothbore, flint or percussion, caliber, and the total score.  All scored targets must be email dated no later than the last day of the month the face was scored. 

6.  That's it!

For more match details, see below!

TARGET FACES ...

You must download and print out the special TMA target face.

You can shoot the TMA target face type multiple times, but submit only ONE face type per month for score - your call. 

NOTE:  You must have shot the target face you are submitting within the month of submission.  If you shot a target face in April, it can only be submitted in April.

You do not have to submit any target face for score every month.  You can shoot just one month of the match and submit just one target face for score. 

All up to what you wish to do.  This is a very flexible postal match that allows you to compete just one month, or multiple months, or all seven months.

There will be monthly winners and an overall year winner for each face type, too. 

The more months you submit a target face, the higher your year's aggregate score will be.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

---> As usual, all targets are to be shot offhand at a measured 25 yards, five shots per target.

---> Bullet holes must completely break a scoring line to count for the higher value.

All target faces Must be secured to a cardboard backing - stapled, taped, glued, whatever - target faces must be held Tight to the backing as this will insure clean holes that all can see. There WILL be forthcoming holes in your target faces, right???   ;D

Submit your best scored target face by emailing an image of it to: score@TradMLA.org. Targets must be filled out with name, date, rifle or smoothbore, flint or percussion, caliber, and the total score.  All scored targets must be email dated no later than the last day of the month the face was scored.

Down below please find links to the two target faces (the TMA bullseye and the TMA Mike Fink) we'll be using.  Just print the target faces out.  Don't have a printer?  Copy the two target face files to a thumb drive and bring it either to a friend (with a printer!) or a library or Staples, and have a few copies printed. 

The SPECIALTY target face is the printout "Mike Fink" that's pretty much a TMA yearly tradition.  It will be announced which one month that face will be shot.  We may decide to shoot that target as a two man team effort, more on this later.

Let's have some 2022 fun for a change!  :wave  :shake  :*:

Print out the TMA Bullseye target face for match shooting - http://tradmla.org/postal21/tma821.pdf

Print out the TMA Specialty Mike Fink target face for match shooting - http://tradmla.org/postal21/tmamf21.pdf

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TMA Bullseye (Do NOT print the below image out for match use, it's for informational purposes only)
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Mike Fink Specialty (Do NOT print the below image out for match use, it's for informational purposes only)
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
Re: TMA 2022 Postal Match
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 10:31:16 AM »
Oh, yeah, I want on the firing line. It was too much fun last year to not compete in '22. Count me in!   :yessir:
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Online KDubs

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 10:56:18 AM »
I'm in
Kevin
TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 01:15:28 PM »
I'll give it a go again with the smoothbore - I'm a glutton for punishment!  :o ;D

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 04:45:57 PM »
I'm in!!!  Oh Boy, Am I in!!!!

:applaud :bl th up :applaud :bl th up :applaud :bl th up :applaud :bl th up :applaud
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 11:06:14 PM »
Add my name to the growing list!

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 01:37:12 PM »
Only 8 days to go!!!!!
 :applaud :bl th up :applaud :bl th up :bl th up :applaud :bl th up :applaud :bl th up :applaud :bl th up :applaud :bl th up
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Online KDubs

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 02:56:37 PM »
ya baby, ready to roll. almost.
 my imitation hawken is stripped to be " hawkenized" and Im still waiting on the rear sight so, it'll be my smooth flinter and the '64 springfield taking the battle to the paper.  excited...
kevin
TMA Idaho rep.

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 11:16:55 AM »
No Powder has signed up for the 2022 Postal Match!  :wave  :*:

Online dmarsh

• TMA Member: Member #798
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 12:32:45 PM »
I plan on joining in as well.   :bl th up
"I won't be wronged.  I won't be insulted.  I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 11:27:25 AM »
Been waiting  months to shoot and now the first 4 days od April  have been crap!  ;banghead;

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 11:40:08 AM »
Same here, rain through Friday. Gotta keep yer powder dry!
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 12:22:29 PM »
Ditto.   ;banghead;

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online KDubs

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 07:51:53 PM »
Yep, crappy.
 Snowed this am, high winds/rain this pm .
 Patience Kevin,  patience
TMA Idaho rep.

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2022, 03:30:45 PM »
Yep, crappy.
 Snowed this am, high winds/rain this pm .
 Patience Kevin,  patience

Ah, yes.  The joys of living in North Idaho.  But with all the weather variables, it sure beats anywhere else that I have ever lived.
John (Bigsmoke)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life