Craftsmanship > Accoutrements

Antler Powder Measure & Vent Pick

(1/2) > >>

PetahW:

I had an old Whitetail shed hanging around that I pilfered for some knife handles & such - but still had a bit left gathering dust.

Sooo, I decided to make a powder measure and a nipple/vent pick from some of what I have left over.

The measure holds 100gr Holy Black when filled - but can always be "adjusted" for lesser charges via stuffing an appropriately-sized filler inside.

Hanshi:
I kinda went the other route and put the vent/nipple pick in an antler short-starter.  Yours is not the simple afterthought that mine was; I never even had the cool idea of measure/pick combo.  But I do now.

Fyrstyk:
I took Hanshi's idea one step further.  I used my piece of antler as the handle for a short starter with one end hollowed out as a powder measure, and the other end drilled out to hold a nipple pick.  Sorry, no pictures but will try to take some of my short starter soon.

Hanshi:
Darn it!  Everyone is always ahead of me!  I did have an original thought a few years ago but forgot it.  :luff:

Bigsmoke:

--- Quote from: Hanshi on April 09, 2022, 02:21:50 PM ---I kinda went the other route and put the vent/nipple pick in an antler short-starter.  Yours is not the simple afterthought that mine was; I never even had the cool idea of measure/pick combo.  But I do now.

--- End quote ---

Looking at the short starter, I cannot help but wonder if its name isn't Rudolph? :laffing
But seriously, what is the red knob for?
Inquiring minds need to know.
And FWIW, I have no idea how many antler handle short starters I have made.  But it is a whole flock of them, for sure.  But, I never made combo tools like is being discussed.  It was just too complicated.  I didn't really enjoy working with antler that much.
John (Bigsmoke)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version