Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 1399 times)

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2022, 05:18:44 PM »
Yeah, WH, it only got to 74 today, sunny and no wind. I took advantage of that and got to shoot my six targets - some were pretty good, but that 100 yard baby is a whole 'nother story, but a whole lot of fun as well.  Going up to high 80's tomorrow, then back to the 90's. Hope you get your targets shot this month.
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline hawkthrower

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: 732
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 12:57:58 AM »
Oooof! Up here on the green side of our mountain we've had it bad. Almost 100 days no moisture. Now we've had extra heavy monsoons start up. Its been thunder and wet for four days straight. I'm loving the cooler temps having seen the highs in the low 100's for weeks until last Saturday....... But I still can't go outside for too long especially when it's super bright out makes my head pound like a drum squad. But at least the critters now have some water for a little while. We had deer and coyote jump the horse fence to risk a drink from the horse tank. And everything beyond the pond is dead brown dry and dusty. Of course now its all mud!!!!  Oh and the smoke from the fires both north south and west of us have had air quality dreadful for most of the spring. They are still battling several mammoth fires less than fifty miles from here and we had one in the canyon  last week, less than ten miles from here, that shut down I-40 for a day and burned about ten homes.  Not good. Not normal. Not right.
"Never utter these words! 'I do not know this—therefore it is false.'
One must study to know, know to understand, understand to judge."
The apothegm of Narada,
an ancient east Indian philosopher

Offline Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 08:14:39 AM »
Unfortunately, that seems to be the "new normal".  NOAA weather keeps saying that it is "unseasonably warm".  It will be cool for the morning so I have great plans to get some wax on the car before it heats up again.  I hope to get out on Monday morning to shoot my targets....

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2022, 08:23:31 PM »
On I-84 at 5:20 in Rufus, OR (on the Columbia River), just west of Biggs, OR it is 101 degrees.  Darn, almost feels like summer.
John (Bigsmoke)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2022, 12:35:29 PM »
On I-84 at 5:20 in Rufus, OR (on the Columbia River), just west of Biggs, OR it is 101 degrees.  Darn, almost feels like summer.
John (Bigsmoke)

what you couldn't swing by for a cup of coffee? :luff:
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Butler Ford 40

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2022, 05:20:21 AM »
Weather is forecasting rain in 2 more days...same forecast for the last 3 weeks.  :Doh!
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey for tomorrow I may have to eat them.  Amen

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 01:37:52 PM »
John (Bigsmoke)

what you couldn't swing by for a cup of coffee? :luff:

Sorry, Jim, but we were in just so much of a hurry to get back to Kalifornia that we just couldn't spare the time. :o ;banghead; ;banghead;

And if you believe that, there is a piece of Kansas oceanfront property that you might be interested in.

John (Bigsmoke)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life