TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

September 2022 Monthly Postal Match Results - Mike Fink!

(1/4) > >>

RobD:
SEPTEMBER 2022 MATCH RESULTS ....

(PLEASE NOTE - match target images, scores, and winner will post in this thread on October 1st)

TMA 25 yard offhand = No Powder 50-4X

TMA 50 & 100 yard bench = No Powder 99

The optional Mike Fink target face can also be shot for this month, in addition to the 25, 50, and 100 yard target faces!

Mike Fink = No Powder 46

Print out the TMA Specialty Mike Fink target face for match shooting - http://tradmla.org/postal21/tmamf21.pdf

cwgrizz:
Being a new guy on the block, is the 25 yard target an either or?  Mike Fink or the normal 25 yard target or both?  Please clarify.
Thanks,
cwgrizz

RobD:

--- Quote from: cwgrizz on September 05, 2022, 12:34:50 AM ---Being a new guy on the block, is the 25 yard target an either or?  Mike Fink or the normal 25 yard target or both?  Please clarify.
Thanks,
cwgrizz

--- End quote ---

The Mike Fink target face is ADDED to the lineup: 25, 50, 100.

The Miner '49er:
My mom used to always say "there's more than one way to skin a cat" so here's how I plan to conquer the Mike Fink target this month. It all comes down to adhering to the letter of the law of the rules and then using a wee bit of creativity. Robd has two rules: "shoot from 25 yards, offhand" and "print out the Mike Fink target face". What he doesn't say is the dimensions of the printout. Here is where some creativity enters the shootin' match. 1. I'll set my printer to an output of 9 panels of 8 1/2"x11" each to yield a target of 26"x33" 2. I'll tape them together, shoot it from 25 yards 3. tack the completed face to the side of the barn 4. stand about 15' away, zoom my camera to wide focal length 5. press the shutter release and voila --a nice image to email to Rob--! This doesn't per se violate any rules and shooting at a bucket sized "cup" ought to be helpful. Can anybody else think of another way to get a great score?     :luff:

Hank in WV:
I would think that if you were going to triple the size of the target, you'd have to shoot from 75 yards... :bigsmile:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version