Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: OMG just doesn't quite describe this one!  (Read 1422 times)

Offline No Powder

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024
  • TMA: Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #75
Re: OMG just doesn't quite describe this one!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2023, 05:54:11 PM »
Is it funny the way things workout. Did you have to change the breech plug and tang or was that Douglas barrel a replacement barrel for a TC ? I didn't know if Douglas made a replacement barrel for a TC or not.Congratulations on winning that match with your Renegade. Do you think there was an issue with the TC barrel ?

TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2023, 10:25:56 AM »
Is it funny the way things workout. Did you have to change the breech plug and tang or was that Douglas barrel a replacement barrel for a TC ? I didn't know if Douglas made a replacement barrel for a TC or not.Congratulations on winning that match with your Renegade. Do you think there was an issue with the TC barrel ?

The Douglas barrel was threaded the same as the Renegade, so it was just a simple matter of swapping them out.

I think this was prior to the concept of replacement barrels.  I just got lucky that things were the same.

I was in my 20's when I got that Renegade, so I had lots of time and energy to go to the range and shoot for a couple of hours a few times a week.  Plus I probably went to a club shoot or a rendezvous almost every weekend a month from April to October.  No idea how many pounds of powder I went through in those days.  I think I just wore the poor, old barrel out.  Ah, those were the days.

John (Bigsmoke)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2023, 10:36:28 AM »
Great shooting as always, Tom!  :bl th up :bl th up  :shake   :*: