Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2023 Postal Match Instructions  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Hanshi

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.martialartsusa.com
Re: 2023 Postal Match Instructions
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2023, 02:40:34 PM »
I'm in for the shoot.  Now, I need to send in a shot target so I can be placed in a class, right?  Will any bullseye target do for determining class?  I can't recall if I've ever shot a match here since I haven't shot any postal matches in several years.  If you keep records could you check to see please?

I cannot get the target to print and I'm a white belt in computer.  Would you be able to send me one?  Thanks.
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2023, 10:19:45 AM »
Hanshi, pm me with your address and I'll mail you a set, probably be too late for this month though.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Hanshi

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.martialartsusa.com
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2023, 03:34:26 PM »
Well, I had a surprise.  I found several 25 yard pistol bullseye targets in my "stuff".  I'm going out this week and shoot 3 or 4 of them to get used to shooting again.  I know there are several unfired targets left, and will have a few to score.  At a range in Virginia I collected stacks of various targets with a few .22 holes in them that I patched up.  They're perfect for practice shooting at the range.  BUT!  I also found stacks of a wide range of targets just left behind on a bench or even in the the trash barrels by someone much less frugal than I!  It escapes me how some members would bring a pack of targets to the range, shoot 2 or 3 and leave the rest behind.  I'll never have to actually buy any target as I've accumulated a lifetime supply of them, many new and unfired, and even more with only a few, say, 1 to, oh, 8 holes in them; they're just so quick and easy to repair.

At one time I shot quite a few postal matches and placed near the top and along with first places in rifle and pistol matches.  But even after retinal surgery a few years ago I still can't see well from my dominate eye.  And it appears I have somehow developed double vision.   ;banghead;
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2023, 04:59:23 PM »
A few weeks back I was at the Range and someone had left three "shoot 'n' see" targets hanging on the 50 yard target backer board... Each one of them only had one hole in 'em - so what the heck / I splattered them up good...

The one thing I found out about the shoot 'n' see targets is that with iron sights - you really can't (IMHO) shoot for an effective tight grouping with that "1-inch splats" surrounding the bullet hole when using Iron Sights... So, I'll stick with my spotting scope and the standard NRA paper targets I grew up with.
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska