Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Lyman & Pedersoli marriage, or divorce?  (Read 837 times)

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
Lyman & Pedersoli marriage, or divorce?
« on: March 03, 2023, 07:45:42 PM »
In Oct 2020 I read an article about Lyman ditching their long term GPR maker, Invest Arm, and changing to a new gussied up, and more expensive version, by Pedersoli. I'm sure you have seen these new ones for sale from all the usual BP gun dealers. Today I received my brand new 2023 Lyman catalog, and nowhere in the nearly 100 pages is found a BP gun of any type or brand. They have a few ball moulds and their aperture sight set but that's about it. Anybody got the skinny on this?
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
Re: Lyman & Pedersoli marriage, or divorce?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 09:53:52 PM »
Yes, Joe, that's the article I was referring to. What I don't understand is that was three years ago, in that time I have seen several ads for the new Pedersoli GPR, but now, in Lyman's brand new catalogue it isn't mentioned. What's up with that?
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 11:15:09 PM »
I can only conject that since Pedersoli is now the maker of the "Great Plains Rifle" - Lyman is probably completely out of the picture. I do wonder if Pedersoli will simply market it as; The Great Plains Rifle?
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 04:43:54 PM »
When Lyman first came out with the Pedersoli-built GPR they were offering it as the signature series, a higher grade rifle compared to the Investarms rifle.  Both were listed in their catalog.  But a short while ago I also downloaded their catalog and came to the same realization as The Miner '49er, that no guns were in it.  I fired off an email to them asking about this but have had no (zilch, nada) response.

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025