Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

What's the prettiest revolver

(1/3) > >>

Jim in Wisconsin:
I think the best looking cap and ball revolver is a shiny blue-black Remington New Model with pearl grips, how about you?

Bigsmoke:
Although it is a bit small for my hands, I would vote for the Colt 1862 Police with the 4 1/2" barrel.  Ideally it would be fitted with ivory grips.
Of course, I think all the Colt revolvers are the best looking pistols made.  But, they are not without their problems, like Col. Colt's famous disappearing rear sight (the tip of the hammer) and the fact that every time you remove and replace the barrel, it can lock up the cylinder if you tap the wedge in too tight.  I think all of them from the 1860 on are more sleek and graceful appearing with the creeping loading lever.
JMHO,
John (Bigsmoke)

Ohio Joe:
I too would have to go with the Colt .36 1862 Police. I have a replica one, and it's my favorite over the other knock offs (Colt & Remington's).  :bl th up (No pearl grips on mine)

BEAVERMAN:
Pearl grips, who are you Patton?  :luff:

The Miner '49er:
I'm with you, Jim. I like those Rems, but nothing compares to the pair of fully engraved, carved ivory gripped Remington New Model Army revolvers given to U.S. Grant after his Vicksburg campaign. They sold at auction last year for $5,170,000. Too bad I didn't have $5,170,001 bucks to spare or I'd post a pic of my guns.  :laffing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version