Traditional Firearms > Traditional Archery

Yesterday was New Bow Day at my house!

(1/1)

Darren Haverstick:

I'm moose hunting again this fall so I thought I better treat myself to a new longbow for the adventure. You know, because all my other longbows and recurves are worn out. Mike Dunnaway, of Wild Horse Creek Bows, had some new wood combinations at his booth at the UBM Festival and he quickly set the hook on me as I perused his wares.

This is a 62" Destiny two-piece takedown longbow that pulls 54#@28". The riser is cocobolo, the limb core is bamboo, and the limb veneer is spalted tamarind. I shot it yesterday evening and my first arrow out of the bow was a 20-yard shot at a clay bird. I hit the bird and thought that was pretty good omen. Hopefully, this bow and I will be bringing home a pile of moose meat the first part of October.

Darren

PetahW:

I love that take-down bow ! !  :toast

Back in the Dark Ages, I had a Ben Pearson takedown ( a recurve )

Good luck on your hunt !  (Mooseburgers rock)

Winter Hawk:
Lovely bow!  :bow  I hope you took more than that first shot.  Although, I was out this evening flinging arrows and the first one was dead on.  Actually, the first six were fairly good.  Then things fell apart.  I should have stopped while I was ahead!

'Nuf said.   :Doh!

Well, for me it's a form of upper body conditioning, and that's all I'm going to say about that! :laffing

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version