Traditional Firearms > Flintlock Long Guns

Got me a new shootin' iron yesterday

(1/2) > >>

Darren Haverstick:

I've been wanting a flintlock SxS smoothbore for probably as long as I've been shooting black powder. Having one custom made will be out of the question until my father dies and wills me the Haverstick Fortune. So I finally saved up my pennies and bought a Pedersoli from Dixie Gun Works. She was delivered yesterday and I scampered off to the woods as soon as I was able so I could break her in.

The gun is a 20 gauge with the left barrel having a modified choke and the right barrel being a cylinder bore. She is 44 1/4" long and weighs around 7 3/4 pounds. The barrels are browned and the furniture is polished steel. I bought the fancy model because, you know, I'm a gentleman. I think I'm gonna call her "Little Debbie" because she's short and sweet.

The ignition is great but she definitely needs some trigger work. The first time I had a bead on a squirrel, I thought I was going to have to use both hands to pull the trigger! Needless to say, that shot got pulled. The next squirrel, though, was not so lucky. If anyone knows how to adjust the triggers on one of these, I am all ears.

I hope to be able to take her to Mexico next year to shoot a Gould's in the head.

Darren

KDubs:
Nice, I certainly like that.
 Kevin

rollingb:
Niiiiice!!!!!!!!!!  :applaud  :hairy

Bigsmoke:
Lil Debbie is sure a looker.
As far as the triggers go, I imagine that honing the surfaces that touch between the triggers and the lock would be a good place to start.
There is just something about looking down the barrels of a double flinter that gets your juices flowing.
Happy hunting!!!
John

BEAVERMAN:
Now that is a sexy SxS!  :bl th up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version