Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: plumber's wax for revolvers???  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Gordon H.Kemp

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 01:46:31 PM »
As I have said many times, BB works for me. I tend to make my own concoctions from organic non-petroleum materials, but I keep a tube of BB on hand to use when I'm out of homemade. Even makes a good hand cream and lip balm.
Gordy
TMA Charter Member #144
Expires 3/14/2013

Offline Mike 56

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 08:19:57 AM »
On hot days witch is all summer where i live i keep my Crisco in a small ice cest  i always bring cold drinks with me any how. It keeps the Crisco nice and firm and easy to use.  I have heard that bees wax and Crisco mixed 50/50 works good. Have not tried it yet.

Mike

Offline Minnesota Mike

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 10:27:40 AM »
Best thing I ever found was beeswax pellets. They push in easy, but don't turn to goo and run everywhere like most tube lubes do.

r/
MM
TMA number #269.
Expiration Date Oct 2010.

Offline David Teague

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 04:41:27 AM »
Howdy Boys,

I've been shooting a lot of C & B and black powder cartridge this summer after a bit of a hiatus (started back in 1973 as a kid)and due to the high cost of wonder wads I went back to using Crisco and beeswax. It works great. I use about 2 oz of beewax mixed with 14 oz of Crisco. Don't mix 50/50 as it will be too stiff. Works as a lube and as a chamber sealer.

I just use a modified seasoning injector( back when I was a kid I had  a uber-cool copper bodied cake decorator that's been lost to time) to apply the grease.

I tend to shoot 50 or 70 rounds when I go out and my 61 Navy keeps going without cleaning and without fouling out... something the wonder wads never was able to do. I'd have to break the Navy down within 30 rounds with WW and do a quick clean to keep it going.

Cheers,

David Teague