Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Turtle shell Question?  (Read 2833 times)

Offline CowboyCS

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
He was very good eating. Those are some cool pics, we don't intentionally fish for them, but we do keep them when we catch them. My wife makes a very tasty stew of of them.

C
The Bill Of Right - Void were prohibited by law.
Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?

Offline IronDawg

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 06:31:04 PM »
Boy you should intentionally fish for em. I started catchin em outa that lil lake 4 years ago.

4 yrs ago the biggest catfish I could catch out of there was a couple pounds and a good haul was 6 fish.

Since I started catching the big turtles out?? Last summer I caught an 8# cat out of it and an average catch is 20 fish.

Good luck with your project!! I would love to see some finished pics.
It's not what you've done. It's how you did it.
TMA member #516 ex. 11/16/10

Spotted Bull

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »
Well, I finally got me a couple bags of turtle shells a feller trapped out of his stock tank, maybe 10 or 15.  Trouble is they are not completely cleaned out and the aroma is MOST HORRID!  I read back through here and no one ever said if I can boil the left-over inhabitant out of the shell and not ruin the shell.  Does anyone know?  Otherwise I can just experiment.

The guy said there is one more the size of a turkey platter that the ants are still working on!  Can't wait to get that one!