Traditional Firearms > Flintlock Long Guns

Here she is!

(1/8) > >>

Lady of the Woods:
Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies,
My new baby has arrived! She is a Homer Dangler authentic reproduction of an Early Virginia rifle from roughly the 1780s. She's a .50 caliber with a 42" swamped octagonal colrain barrel with a 1-66" twist. The lock is a Siler, assembled by Walter Cain. The lock plate is a Peter Barry style and is now engraved with her name: Lady of the Woods. The carving is exquisite! You won't be able to see the folk art, but it is gorgeous and Mr. Dangler tells me the cow birds are very typical of the southern style as is the very large flower on the patch box. She really is an heirloom!

I will of course submit a field report once I get her out to the range.
I had the great opportunity to talk with Mr. and Mrs. Dangler for about an hour or so Sunday evening when I picked her up and they are lovely lovely people. I am quite certain that the rifle is well worth far more than I paid for her. Not only for the incredible workmanship, quality and beauty, but because of the fine man who built her.

Suzanne Dennis

Chairslayer:
Let me be the first to say WOW! and congratulations.
If the "lady of the woods" shoots as good as THE LADY OF THE WOODS, she'll be a tack driver!

Spotted Bull:
Congratulations, M'Lady!!!!And let me be the second to say WOW!

jbullard1:
HHHOOOOOWWWWEEEEE
Now that's a beauty  

Elksong:
very nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version