Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

PA Hunter Rate of Twist

(1/3) > >>

Bigsmoke:
Does anyone know the rate of twist on a PA Hunter rifle?

The barrel is about 31" long overall.

I know that T/C usually has a 1:48 on most of their rifles, but it seems that on this the rifling looks a bit deeper than normal.

I contacted T/C Customer Service and they said 1:48.

I would do the mark the ramrod thing, but cannot find a jag that small in my stuff.  It has been a lot of years since I shot anything sub .60 cal.

Thanks,

BEAVERMAN:
John, just checked my sons, its 1:48

mossie:
I have a TC PA Hunter in octagon to round barrel that is 1/66 twist. It also has a left hand twist and the QLA muzzle. My groove depths are .010 square bottom cut rifleing. The barrel length is 31" and is flintlock.

From what I have seen for the PA Hunter they came with various twists over the years of manufacture. There were some with 1:38 twist and some with 1:48 twist as well as the 1:66 twist.

I glass bedded my stocks ( I have a 21" barrel in 1:66 twist too), use a .54 bore button under a .495 Hornady ball. A .020 patch and a .490 ball shoots well too. My locks were also replaced by TC free of charge for their newer design and they are a huge improvement over the older style. Mine shoot great from 60-110 grains of Goex with a small margin of accuracy improvement with 2f over 3f. Swiss 2f is outstanding in my barrels.

They are nice rifles but mine took quite a bit of tweeking to really tune it in. Use a bore button over your powder in this rifle.

Gambia:
Got 2 of them and both are 1-66" twist. they were made specifically for shootin round balls.

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: "BEAVERMAN" ---John, just checked my sons, its 1:48
--- End quote ---

Jim, if that is the one you got from me you may want to check that again, I have always thought that it was 1:66...but I could have been wrong.

Also, I have always read that any T/C with a 1/2 octagon / round  barrel was 1:66....dunnno. Might want to check.

Uncle Russ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version