Tapatalk has been configured for the TraditionalMuzzleloadingAssociation forum and mobile devices!
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for ... YOU! ~ TMA 2019 Postal Match ~ TMA Youth Grant Form
TMA "Got Black Powder?" T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tennessee  (Read 2638 times)

Offline CelticRoots

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Tennessee
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 09:01:56 AM »
Garry,
Count me in for a coffee session. It's a bit of a haul up to Clarksville but if I can tie the trip in with some other activity I'm game (long as it doesn't involve Nashville rush hour). I am retired so I can 'usually' get out and play (if my wife hasn't made other 'plans' for me)
Barclay (CelticRoots)

Offline John Smo

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
There is suppose to be a rendezvous / knap in at Loretta Lynn's Ranch this week end. I wasn't able to attend last year and will not be able to make it again this year due to work. :( It is not very well advertised but I was told there was a good turn out last year. The Crockett Longhunters from down in Lawrenceburg were there as well as some other shooters. My wife talked to the lady at the ranch a week or so ago but she didn't get much info out of her. I just thought I would post this here if anyone was interested the # to call is 931-296-7700. If anyone goes please take some photos and post them and a report on what the event was like. My understanding was they had knife & hawk throwing as well last year. The ranch is about 10 miles South of Waverly Tn. on Hwy 13 or just of  I 40 at exit 143  that's  the Buffalo exit/ Hwy 13 North (5 or 6 miles )
Good Luck & Good Shootin'

John Smo

Offline 45.70

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »
John,

I just realized your actually just south of me, I live near Erin, we're almost neighbors.  If you get some spare time PM me and maybe we could grap some coffee.  

Garry
Garry Smith
Member #659, exp. March 25, 2013

Offline John Smo

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »
Yep I'm just down tn ridge from you .. I'll shout at you later I'm off to the ole salt mine now just starting night shift tonight and I ain't liking it...

John Smo

Offline 45.70

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 12:05:35 AM »
Hello all,

There was a few people interested in starting a monthly shooting match around the Clarksville area (nothing serious, just good fun at the range).  But, I haven't heard from anyone in a while and wanted to check in and see if the interest was still there.  If anyone is still interested post here or PM me and we'll work out the details.

V/R
Garry
Garry Smith

Offline John Smo

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 09:30:29 AM »
I'm all in!   :hairy

John Smo

Offline 45.70

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
John, hope the wife is doing ok.  I haven't heard from anyone else, not sure what's up, but looking to do some shooting soon and was curious if you wanted to come along.  I was thing about the Montgomery range, I haven't been there in a long time.  If anyone else is interested chime in and we'll set a date and time.  

v/r
Garry
Garry Smith

Offline John Smo

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 09:04:27 AM »
Garry,

Thanks for asking ,the wife is doing better. She's trying to do more than she needs too. Now I'm down with  a head cold or sinus infection. I should go to the Dr. but they would only tell me to eat right and get plenty of rest. Then write a script for some high dollar meds that by the time they get in my system I'll be over whatever it is. I've never been to the Montgomery range but it looks like a good range. Are they BP friendly? Do you need to attend a Safety course? Is there a fee for shooting? Not that any of that matters but I just like to know before I go. lol  With the 4th coming soon and a family reunion the following week end it maybe closer to August before I can go if that's ok.

John Smo

Offline 45.70

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »
John,

I haven't been to Montgomery in a while myself.  I know there is a charge, but can't remember how much.  I'll go down and check it out later this week or next weekend and get all the detail's.  

Take care, Garry
Garry Smith

Offline John Smo

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 08:58:15 PM »
Ok Thanks let me know what you find out.

John Smo

Offline faithtreker

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
You guys around Clarksville.....been wanting to set up a primitive BP hunt at LBL for a long time . Is that something you guys could take point on and help orgAnize?

Offline LiverEatingJoe

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 04:04:58 PM »
I'm from western NC but hoping to connect with others.  My family attended the Southeast Primitive Gathering and want to get more involved and attend other events.