Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

Hatfield Rifle

(1/6) > >>

Renegade:
Hey everyone, I'm looking at a hatfield rifle at a local gun shop. He has written on the tag  Hatfield 50 cal. squirrel rifle, (must be for deer size squirrels). It looks like a pedersoli made gun. He's asking 699.00 for it, seems a little High to me but I really don't know. Does anybody have any input on these guns or how much they go for brand new?
      Thanks in advance for all your help

Bigsmoke:
Well, Ted Hatfield has been out of business for at least 10 years, so there isn't any relative measure for what current new price is.  I think they were a little less than that back then.  They are indeed a Pedersoli gun.  Compare to the Cabela's Blue Ridge rifle, about the same thing.
I had one and shot it a bit probably 20 years ago, and it was pretty good shooter.
I'd say there should be some bargaining room in that price, especially if it is used.

Captchee:
if it says pedersoli , made in italy . its not one of ted hatfeilds .
 pedersoli markets them under the names Blue Ridge , kentucky  and hatfeild  depending on what Sub made them .
 600 seems to me to be to much .
 i know some folks her like them and have had good luck with them. but myself  ahhhhhhh no

W. Welshman:
They had three version.The first one made by Mr.Hatfield was a good shooter.Don't know much about the second version but the third version was made over in Italy not a good shooter.I have seen both version guns the first version price $400-500 and the Italy one $300.

Bigsmoke:
If I am not mistaken, Hatfield imported the pieces and parts from Pedersoli and assembled them in St. Joe, MO.  He did have a pretty neat old building there.  Got a tour once from Ted.  Nice place, I think it was on the historical register.
Pedersoli parts will interchange, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version