Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

A 32" barrel smoothbore?

(1/4) > >>

Longhunter:
Jackie Brown has a .62 smoothbore for sale. It only has a 32" barrel. Anyone have any experience with a barrel this short in a smothbore?

Christiaan:
Longhunter, when I visited Euroarms in Brescia, Italy.  I saw some Buffalo Hunt Carbines lying there to one side.  I asked them what they were.  They said they build it for Navy Arms years ago and it was a 12ga.  I thought the barrel was a bit short but ordered some.

I was so surprised by the accuracy.  At 50 yards it shoots clover leaves in the hands of a good shooter.  I must confess I don't have a lot of experience with smoothies.

Gambia:
If you want it for shot then it will be ok loaded with 2.3/4 drms of black powder to 1oz of shot ,this load will kill game at 35 yards..
Feltwad
A Flint Lock will not secure a chicken house door

Captchee:
my wife has a canoe gun with a 24 in 62 cal barrel , she can hold her own very well out to about 35 yards with it  so i dont feel you would have any problem with a 32 inch  barrel

Bigsmoke:
Uhhh, think about most any double barrel shotgun.  How long are the barrels on them?

T/C had a 12 ga barrel for the New Englander, it was what, 26 - 28"?  I had one of those for a while and it was great to shoot - shot or ball.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version