Craftsmanship > Gun Building and Repair

Sights for Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle

(1/1)

oomcurt:
I have a little problem with mine. I guess it is because of poorer eyesight than what I had when younger. The rear sight is one of those short little thingys with skinney legs defining the edges of it. The front sight is also short and the blade tapers from the top down. What I would like to do, and I have the TOTW catalog is change out those sights to something that has more "body" to them. The question is...keeping the sights er...PC. I would appreciate it if folks here coud steer me in the right direction.

Many thanks,
Curt

rollingb:
Curt,... if your rifle takes the same sights as the Pedersoli Blue Ridge (and I suspect it does), I'd suggest the,....

#FS-G-77-I
and,... #RS-DRU-CT
...., from Track of the Wolf.

You might have to "dress" these sights up a little bit to fit your dovetails, but it won't take much, and the #RS (rear sight) has the center marked so you can put any "notch" in it you like.

HTH

Captchee:
well something else i would look at  as part of you consideration
 If the drop of the stock is not enough for you , I would also look for a little taller sight . This will help bring your head up more . This will also mean you will have to replace the front sight as well .

Some of the heavy buck horns are good for this .
 Another thing to be aware of is that many , if not most of theses sights from ToW  are castings . As such  the need cleaned up some and also many times need the notch filed into them . This is good IMO because you can then chose eather a V or a square notch that better firs the front sight .
 there are also some of the sights like the #RS- DUC-BH that will alow the sight to come back to you alittle  bit while keeping the same dove tail .
 myself o prefure the larget, fancier sights  which i modify to  fit exsisting dove tails .
 but if your looking for just a simple drop in  then the numbers  RollingB or  the one i posted above , should fit well.
 just remeber a taller rear  also takes a taller front sight . when it comes to  front sights , i prefure the   heavier  thicker sights

Sneakon:
"If the drop of the stock is not enough for you , I would also look for a little taller sight . This will help bring your head up more . This will also mean you will have to replace the front sight as well."

Brilliant!  I replaced the stock on my TC Hawken because the factory stock was too straight for me.  The Pecatonica stock drop is still not quite enough, so replacing the sights sounds like the next step.  Thanks Captchee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version