Traditional Firearms > Flintlock Long Guns

Type G English trade gun!?!

(1/4) > >>

Wilawane:
In this pic the mohawk warrior is holding type g English trade gun.
What stores would you guys recommend to get one. Kit, in white or finished. And I mean other than TOW. thanks in advance any info.

Riku

Wyoming Mike:
Ywo off the top of my head are Sitting Fox and North Star West.  My druthers would be North Star West because they carry the 24 gauge that I want.

Captchee:
i think there is also alot of seclusion as to what that gun is or is not . many IMO have some valide points as well . Time fraim the painting was actualy done . Artist that did the painting   if we go just by what we see ,  there are some odd things concerning the  gun itself

the other question i would have is how accurate are you looking for .?

the thing about NSW and SF  examples is that they look just like their  de chase or fusil fin . this is IMO because folks look at the distinctive cows foot shape to the but stock  and then go AHHHHHHH . but in fact  there are differences  in both the forstock , wrist shape  and butt stock

Pichou:
If you want a proper Type G you want Mike Brooks.  Finished, in the white, and I think kits.

That painting is later than the scene depicted, and was done in a studio with props...

Capt. Jas.:
There was one of Mike's and one of Ben Coogle's on TOTW just the other day but i think they are gone by-by.
Mike Sells a Type G kit in Engilsh or Black Walnut but the stock has just the butt profiled and the ramrod channel and barrel channel inle.t

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version