Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Muzzleloader Letters to the Editor  (Read 340 times)

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
Muzzleloader Letters to the Editor
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
I picked up the latest issue of Muzzleloader today after the Tractor Supply store here in Athens didn't have any.  In the Letters section were two (2) emails from some guy named Rob whose last name starts with a D.  One was in reference to a Mike Nesbitt article on using SPG lube for patches, wherein this same Rob touted the benefits of Gatofeo.  The other was in response to a previous letter from someone chastising Mr. Nesbitt for writing that he blows down the barrel of his muzzle loading rifles.

After a proper amount of deliberation and deduction I have concluded that this Rob D. is one of the primary members on this site.  I hope he keeps up the good words! :lol sign

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: Muzzleloader Letters to the Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 02:50:57 PM »
I miss all the fun... I gotta get my subscription back up with Muzzle Loader Magazine...  :bl th up
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #778
  • TMA Member: Expiration date; 10/21/2021
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 07:03:34 PM »
I saw Rob's letters as well and wrote to him about how pleased I was to see his name in print. Speaking of Mike Nesbitt, did anyone notice the pan primer around his neck?  That's dangerous, as they've been known to explode.  E.g., Roger Fisher, in both Muzzle Blasts and the ALR Forum wrote about this very thing and showed photographic evidence of why you shouldn't risk life and limb by wearing a small grenade around your neck. :o  Those things belong in your pocket or hunting pouch, but never near your face.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 07:15:19 PM »
I saw Rob's letters as well and wrote to him about how pleased I was to see his name in print. Speaking of Mike Nesbitt, did anyone notice the pan primer around his neck?  That's dangerous, as they've been known to explode.  E.g., Roger Fisher, in both Muzzle Blasts and the ALR Forum wrote about this very thing and showed photographic evidence of why you shouldn't risk life and limb by wearing a small grenade around your neck. :o  Those things belong in your pocket or hunting pouch, but never near your face.

I haven't seen the article Maven, but I do agree 100% with you on wearing a pan primer around one's neck. Roger knew of what he spoke! :bl th up
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska