Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: PORK ROAST, Potatoes + Onions  (Read 459 times)

Offline Puffer

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #133
PORK ROAST, Potatoes + Onions
« on: October 11, 2019, 01:36:38 PM »
Food Time

I love Pork  ;) So last night I took a 2lb. pork loin roast, 1 1/2lb. little red taters, & 1 lg. onion.  Put it all in a lg. cast-iron fry pan  & had a feast. :*:
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: PORK ROAST, Potatoes + Onions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 02:31:34 PM »
That sure sounds good, Puffer!  :hairy
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline ridjrunr

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 09:01:12 PM »
Puffer, thats close to my all time favorite meal, my ancestors
are Czech and I learned how to make fried potatoe dumplings ( knedlicky )
and of course sour krout, gravy all laced with caraway seed.
My mother used to make what you described but in a pressure cooker with cabbage
and called it boiled dinner, another favorite!
HCH member
NRA member
Fluent in English and sarcasm
TMA Member #313
Expires 10/8/21

Spotted Bull

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
I throw all of that into a crock pot in the morning, but cut slits in the roast and add a piece of jalapeno or pieces of onions, alternately, and let it all cook on low all day.

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 09:17:56 AM »
I throw all of that into a crock pot in the morning, but cut slits in the roast and add a piece of jalapeno or pieces of onions, alternately, and let it all cook on low all day.

David, for the past 10 or so years the Crock-Pot and I have become really good friends.
It's a wonderful tool that takes a lot of the "work", checking, and stirring, out of the cooking chore.
Last night's Supper was a really good Beef Stew, that I started about 4;15 in the morning with us eating around 6pm....the crazy things we sometimes do when we can't sleep at night....
Anyway, with this cold snap we've been having over the past few weeks, stews, roasts, hearty soups have been on the Menu for most of our evening meals....tomorrow tonight we are having Chicken and Dumplings which my wife will start in the morning, and then drop the dumplings in about 30 minutes before we eat.
BTW David, we will be going back home in about two weeks, and my son has 40# Fresh Roasted, Hatch Green Chilies, all fresh-packed (Snap Frozen) that I will be shipping back here before we leave to come back home.....about a two year supply for just me and the wife, unless the kids find out I have 'em..... once that happens their life span shortens dramatically!   :laughing
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Spotted Bull

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
My wife grew up around the Hatch area, and we always look forward to chili season. There's always chilis in our house, and recipes.

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »

David, for the past 10 or so years the Crock-Pot and I have become really good friends.
It's a wonderful tool that takes a lot of the "work", checking, and stirring, out of the cooking chore.
Last night's Supper was a really good Beef Stew, that I started about 4;15 in the morning with us eating around 6pm....the crazy things we sometimes do when we can't sleep at night....
Anyway, with this cold snap we've been having over the past few weeks, stews, roasts, hearty soups have been on the Menu for most of our evening meals....tomorrow tonight we are having Chicken and Dumplings which my wife will start in the morning, and then drop the dumplings in about 30 minutes before we eat.
BTW David, we will be going back home in about two weeks, and my son has 40# Fresh Roasted, Hatch Green Chilies, all fresh-packed (Snap Frozen) that I will be shipping back here before we leave to come back home.....about a two year supply for just me and the wife, unless the kids find out I have 'em..... once that happens their life span shortens dramatically!   :laughing

Heck, now I know you'll have them!!!!!!!! time to head east and visit my old Uncle Russ!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 10:16:45 PM »
Man, you have the dangdest looking fry pan!  What do you make your coffee in?  :laffing

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 09:23:19 AM »
Man, you have the dangdest looking fry pan!  What do you make your coffee in?  :laffing

~Kees~

My question exactly! :lol sign All the menus some fantastic,,,what I call comfort food. But I never tried doing a pork loin in a frying pan. I will now, however.

Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan