Traditional Firearms > Traditional Archery

My Osage Orange Horse Bow in the makin'

<< < (5/6) > >>

Winter Hawk:
I too am in the camp which likes snakes.  Been that way ever since I found out my ex mother-in-law was afraid of them!  :o

But to return to the original post, it seems appropriate that a snaky bow like that would have snakeskin backing!  :toast

~Kees~

Nessmuk:
It is a work of art. :hairy

rollingb:
I just finished this replica of a Mescalero-Apache arrow quiver today,.... the original is in the Denver Art Museum.
It's made of smoked brain tanned deer skin, and trade wool.  :bl th up

It's going to my son for the Osage Orange bow I gave him, and I like it enough to make another one for my new "snakey bow" that is in the makin'.  ;D

Don't pay any attention to the fiber glass arrows in the quiver, they're just some kids arrows that I dropped in it temporarily for the picture.  :laffing

Ohio Joe:
I like the looks of that quiver Rondo!  :hairy

I wish the archery contest at Chadron Fur Trade Days didn't overlap so darn close in starting times with the shooting matches...  I've only been able to shoot in one of their archery contests, and that was many years ago when starting times for events where spread out a bit more.  Also, have you heard any talk of a winter meeting date for Fur Trade Days? If I recall, the winter meeting use to be in February as so to plan for the July Rendezvous, and it was held at the Museum - but this may have changed as well?

rollingb:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on February 02, 2019, 08:10:41 AM ---I like the looks of that quiver Rondo!  :hairy

I wish the archery contest at Chadron Fur Trade Days didn't overlap so darn close in starting times with the shooting matches...  I've only been able to shoot in one of their archery contests, and that was many years ago when starting times for events where spread out a bit more.  Also, have you heard any talk of a winter meeting date for Fur Trade Days? If I recall, the winter meeting use to be in February as so to plan for the July Rendezvous, and it was held at the Museum - but this may have changed as well?

--- End quote ---

Joe,.... I haven't heard anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version