Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Weather - Whether we like it or not...  (Read 718 times)

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
Re: Weather - Whether we like it or not...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »
Quote from: "Hank in WV"
It was 76* and sunny here today. I took the day off and went for a 200 mile bike ride through the country. Glorious day. Supposed to be a rain/snow mix tomorrow night.
Good on you ol' buddy!  :shock:

My family honestly believes that your bike, in "her" garage, somehow startled her, or at best made her very very curios....I'm guessing that was the first time she had ever seen a Motorcycle up close....
my daughter thinks it was the headlights, that possibly looked like two really big eyes to the dog, or the fact there had never been anything where the bike was before,  don't know what it was, but I swear, to this day, she no longer runs and just jumps out into the garage, but she stops and looks before jumping down the steps.
My daughter was the first to pick up on it being your bike out there as being the reason she is now so cautious in the garage. We just don't know, but it's kinda funny.

So, I'm thinking you should come back out for another visit, so my Lab can get another look at that bike.....whaddaya think?

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Hawken

• TMA Forum Member
  • "A man's WORD....is his total value!"
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #802 Expiration 05-04-2021
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »
I had a Lab for 12 years and he had more sense than a lot of folks I've known!!
"There ain't no freedom...without gunpowder!"

Offline Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 04:34:42 PM »
One of the few things I like about LaLaLand is the weather here on the coast, most of the time.
Today is terrific.
Here we have it, the 19th of November and Linda and I sat our on the patio just in short sleeve shirts (pants, too) and had lunch.
What was for lunch you might ask?
Well, we had a farm fresh, beefsteak tomato sandwich, with farm fresh lettuce and fresh basil, all put together on nice wheat bread.  The sky was a rather deep, cloudless blue.
I rather doubt if we could have done that if we were still in Idaho.  I just checked the weather cam in Coeur d'Alene and it is 38.3 degrees with a light rain and snow predicted.
One of the few consolations.
John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Member: Charter Member #65
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »
Quote from: "RussB"
Quote from: "Hank in WV"
It was 76* and sunny here today. I took the day off and went for a 200 mile bike ride through the country. Glorious day. Supposed to be a rain/snow mix tomorrow night.
Good on you ol' buddy!  :shock:

My family honestly believes that your bike, in "her" garage, somehow startled her, or at best made her very very curios....I'm guessing that was the first time she had ever seen a Motorcycle up close....
my daughter thinks it was the headlights, that possibly looked like two really big eyes to the dog, or the fact there had never been anything where the bike was before,  don't know what it was, but I swear, to this day, she no longer runs and just jumps out into the garage, but she stops and looks before jumping down the steps.
My daughter was the first to pick up on it being your bike out there as being the reason she is now so cautious in the garage. We just don't know, but it's kinda funny.

So, I'm thinking you should come back out for another visit, so my Lab can get another look at that bike.....whaddaya think?

Uncle Russ...

Well Russ ole boy, that invite does have a certain appeal to it. After all, I never did get to ride Beartooth or Chief Joeseph because of the ice storm. I didn't mean to terrorize the dog like that, although I do seem to have that effect on some. Gotta give this some thought Russ, assuming these lold bones are up to it. Thanks.
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2026
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »
Good on ya Hank!
The whole family, including the dog, would like nothing better than have your company again. May even get to catch a Walleye if you're here the right time of year.

Here is a picture of Hank at Dry Falls, which was, believe it or not, the largest Water Fall in the world....15,000 years ago.
And that is a fact!

Everything you see in the background was once a Water Fall on the Columbia River.

[attachment=0:1xfv8hel][/attachment]Hank.JPG[/attachment:1xfv8hel]

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online Two Steps

• TMA Charter Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #47 Expires 3/22/23
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 06:42:05 AM »
Russ Informed:
Here is a picture of Hank at Dry Falls, which was, believe it or not, the largest Water Fall in the world....15,000 years ago.
Hmm...15,000 years huh?  What the heck were you and Hank using for bait back then?  :laffing
Two Steps/Al Bateman
I envy no man that knows more than myself,
and pity them that know less.  (Sir T. Brown)

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline amm1851

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »
Quote from: "bigsmoke"
One of the few things I like about LaLaLand is the weather here on the coast, most of the time.
Today is terrific.
Here we have it, the 19th of November and Linda and I sat our on the patio just in short sleeve shirts (pants, too) and had lunch.
What was for lunch you might ask?
Well, we had a farm fresh, beefsteak tomato sandwich, with farm fresh lettuce and fresh basil, all put together on nice wheat bread.  The sky was a rather deep, cloudless blue.
I rather doubt if we could have done that if we were still in Idaho.  I just checked the weather cam in Coeur d'Alene and it is 38.3 degrees with a light rain and snow predicted.
One of the few consolations.
John

Sounds nice,  but I'll take northern Idaho over California any day of the week and twice on Sundays.   :)
Life member, National Rifle Association
Molon labe